E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's Right?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newtoys, still can not see he picture of your car
Old 09-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

congrats on your new car and welcome aboard !
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Members

I have a generic v60s through Verizon and it works well except the Echo problem which is with the Bmw phone as well
Old 09-21-2004, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Maybe just get a new V60i off ebay for something like $50 or $100 to save you some headache, just make the dealer installed/progarm it for you at their cost! (if required)

For the run flats issue, I think in my country no one get spares if they have run flats.... But believe me, run-flats sucks!!! The ride for run-flat is horrible!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Members

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome, and your comments on my minor issue with the dealer. Re: the cell phone.

I stopped by the dealer yesterday, for 2 things, one was to discuss the phone and the second was to P/U the replacement for the second key, (remote was not working) and they had to program/ match it to the boomerang thing.. After working out the key issue with the sales rep, we started into the Phone problem.

The sales rep kindof got nervous at this point and asked if we could go and take a look at my car. (a ruse to get me outside, and out of anyones earshot). Turns out that the phone was not actualy kept by the original owner, It went missing while the car was in the showroom, not that that realy matters to me. I said at that point let's go see the GM and get this overwith now. Sensing some real uneasyness on the salesrep part, I'm thinking, maybe he hasn't actualy talked to anyone about this yet and mostly hoping it (me ) would just go away. I say Ok here's the deal, I'll wait until tomorow (now today) and I'll hope you can resolve this without me having to talk to anyone but you, I'm not threatening, I'm just trying to give this guy every oportunity to cover this himself. To which he agree's.

I'm heading over there in about a half hour, we will see. Again, I know it's not a big deal $$$-wise, it's the principal involved. If it were the money, I've already spent more than that in gas an time with this. They sold me something, I paid for it, and did not get what I paid for. simple.

Anyway, thank you all for your input and I'll post a quick note later today with the conclusion.

Cheers,
Newtoys
Old 09-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Newtoys' date='Sep 23 2004, 06:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome, and your comments on my minor issue with the dealer.? Re: the cell phone.?

I stopped by the dealer yesterday,? for 2 things,? one was to discuss the phone and the second was to P/U the replacement for the second key,? (remote was not working) and they had to program/ match it to the boomerang thing..? After working out the key issue with? the sales rep, we started into the Phone problem.

The sales rep kindof got nervous at this point and asked if we could go and take a look at my car.? (a ruse to get me outside, and out of anyones earshot).? Turns out that the phone was not actualy kept by the original owner,? It went missing while the car was in the showroom, not that that realy matters to me.? I said at that point let's go see the GM and get this overwith now.? Sensing some real uneasyness on the salesrep part,? I'm thinking, maybe he hasn't actualy talked to anyone about this yet and mostly hoping it (me ) would just go away.? I say Ok here's the deal, I'll wait until tomorow (now today) and I'll hope you can resolve this without me having to talk to anyone but you,? I'm not threatening, I'm just trying to give this guy every oportunity to cover this himself.? To which he agree's.

I'm heading over there in about a half hour,? we will see.? Again,? I know it's not a big deal $$$-wise,? it's the principal involved.? If it were the money, I've already spent more than that in gas an time with this.? They sold me something,? I paid for it, and did not get what I paid for.? simple.

Anyway,? thank you all for your input and I'll post a quick note later today with the conclusion.

Cheers,
Newtoys
[snapback]37431[/snapback]
it's always a good sign for you if he knows that's his fault. can't wait to hear some good news from you .
Old 09-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

Split the difference of a replacement phone with the guy and move on.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

im i the us and have runflats and a spare in my 525 fyi
Old 09-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

I have run flats and a mini spare.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This is funny how you got the sales rep cornered. Get the new phone from him and that will teach him to lie to his customers. I hate lying people brrrr