E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's First In The UK?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
TC.
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!

That would be me then! ( I accept that I may well not have been literaly the first however I do claim the right of being the first one on the board!)

Am now basking in the glow of my own glory
Old 03-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TC.' post='407864' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:52 AM
That would be me then! ( I accept that I may well not have been literaly the first however I do claim the right of being the first one on the board!)

Am now basking in the glow of my own glory
Since the US boat people seemed to take over the other thread and your glory was somewhat subdued, I think this thread is well deserved.

And we are members of a small but elite community on this forum.

ABC
Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 PM
TC.
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407865' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:55 AM
Since the US boat people seemed to take over the other thread and your glory was somewhat subdued, I think this thread is well deserved.

ABC
Is 'US Boat People' the new collective noun for our colonial friends with e60's currently bobbing there way across the Atlantic? Like it lots
Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TC.' post='407870' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:13 AM
Is 'US Boat People' the new collective noun for our colonial friends with e60's currently bobbing there way across the Atlantic? Like it lots
They're so wound up in the other thread, they've resorted to publishing pictures of random boats just in case one of them might be the one carrying their e60s!!

So I chipped in with the Captain's "birthday"!

ABC
Old 03-27-2007, 11:27 PM
TC.
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407872' date='Mar 28 2007, 08:19 AM
They're so wound up in the other thread, they've resorted to publishing pictures of random boats just in case one of them might be the one carrying their e60s!!

So I chipped in with the Captain's "birthday"!

ABC
People use 'LOL' to freely I think - I actually did just LOL!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Reading this and the bobbing boat thread I feel there is scope for me to also bask in glory too, I will hopefully be the first Scottish LCI M Sport poster this coming saturday, if a sneaky so n so manages to out post me i will then go for First Scottish LCI M Sport owner c/w Pics to post... this could all get really silly and i say Yayyyy to sillieness... after all it helps pass time and prevents madness setting in

Come to think of it... If our colonial bretheren were to lick their suspension components on reciept of their LCI's.... would they taste the saltieness of the Atlantic

Told yah silly was good
Old 03-28-2007, 02:49 AM
sol
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407865' date='Mar 28 2007, 02:55 AM

ABC
With all due respect, didn't one of the "US boat people" start the "other thread".
BTW..TC great car and pictures, and TC and ABC thanks for all the info you guys have posted over the last few weeks, very helpful to those less informed and new to forum.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 AM
Members

Who will be the 1st with a problem unique to the new model! Or have BMW got it right this time & learn't that using early adoptors as test drivers is very damaging to their reputation, as us poor soles with early E60's found out. Lets hope they have got it right, I may even buy another BMW if this is the case!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sol' post='407903' date='Mar 28 2007, 11:49 AM
With all due respect, didn't one of the "US boat people" start the "other thread".
You misunderstand.

The OP may be from the US but the question posed by the subject has been answered - it's TC. Move on.

Instead, the "US boat people" have taken it upon themselves to use the thread to chivvy each other along about a "local version" of "Who's First?"...
But then the US also had to create "local versions" of those great cultural icons, "Pop Idol" and "Strictly Come Dancing [Dancing With the Stars]" ...

ABC
Old 03-28-2007, 04:03 AM
sol
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='407910' date='Mar 28 2007, 07:51 AM
You misunderstand.

The OP may be from the US but the question posed by the subject has been answered - it's TC. Move on.

Instead, the "US boat people" have taken it upon themselves to use the thread to chivvy each other along about a "local version" of "Who's First?"...
But then the US also had to create "local versions" of those great cultural icons, "Pop Idol" and "Strictly Come Dancing [Dancing With the Stars]" ...

ABC
Perhaps I have or possibly the original intent was more local... I don't know, to new for me to appreciate the history of the threads. With regard to TV shows, can't say I watch much and I don't think I would want to claim superior knowledge of the comparisons of American Idol to anything UK or otherwise. Anyway just entertaining a point and once again you and TC have been great resources. I will enjoy knowing I will perhaps be the first CB 550.

Thanks