E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who has ventilated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

They are going to re-order my car. I now have the ability to order the priority one options of nasca leather and ventilated seats (I am getting the comfort seats anyway).

Does anyone here have these options? Any chance you can share pics? Can you confirm the ventilated seats are actually cooled and not just perforated? Do the heated seats work the same or are they now done with warmed air?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='196321' date='Nov 10 2005, 08:14 PM
They are going to re-order my car. I now have the ability to order the priority one options of nasca leather and ventilated seats (I am getting the comfort seats anyway).

Does anyone here have these options? Any chance you can share pics? Can you confirm the ventilated seats are actually cooled and not just perforated? Do the heated seats work the same or are they now done with warmed air?

I have Ventilated / Heated comfort seats.This is from BMW's web site

The active seat ventilation for the driver and front seat passenger ensures a cool and pleasant journey when travelling during the summer months. Four ventilators located in the seat and backrest blow air through the perforated upholstery, ensuring a comfortable seat temperature.
Seat heaters.
There is the three-stage electric seat heating that delivers special comfort in the colder months. Its high output means that it warms up very quickly. Built-in seat temperature sensors and automatic switch-off control make sure that the seat is constantly at your preferred temperature.
Well worth the money I think.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Sport, Alpine White, Biege Interior, Steptronic, NAV, HUD, Ventilated Seats, Active Cruise, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Logic7, Sirius

I have the ventilated seats and can't say that I feel much of a cooling effect. I have not tried them in a hot car since we have not had any hot weather since I picked my car up a couple weeks ago.

Anyone else with these, do yours acutally get cold? I'm wondering if mine are working properly. I hear the fans running but dont feel much.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Members

I?m really happy with the ventilated seats.Of course you don?t feel it if you?re wearing outdoor jackets but on a hot day with a shirt on it?s just perfect! Go for it!
Old 11-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Senior Members

Thanks guys

How about the Nasca leather? Any comments on what that is and what it is like?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

The ventilated seats do not blow cooled air (i.e. they aren't air conditioned seats). I had them on my E55 and wouldn't get them again, because they really didn't do that much, and you need to have perforated leather, and I didn't like how it looked.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

If you feel them, they are too cold.

The ventilation is just fine, works perfect. No more sweat running down your back, no more sweat on the seat...

I would get them again, even if I move to Alaska!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='196431' date='Nov 10 2005, 06:14 PM
If you feel them, they are too cold.

The ventilation is just fine, works perfect. No more sweat running down your back, no more sweat on the seat...

I would get them again, even if I move to Alaska!
Iceman - I realize that you are in Germany, and the options are different there, but.... Do you know if the Cold Weather Package can be ordered WITH the ventilation option? I've read several posts that say it can not - and I want the heated steering wheel over the ventilated leather! (actually I want both).
Old 11-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='196433' date='Nov 11 2005, 01:17 AM
Iceman - I realize that you are in Germany, and the options are different there, but.... Do you know if the Cold Weather Package can be ordered WITH the ventilation option? I've read several posts that say it can not - and I want the heated steering wheel over the ventilated leather! (actually I want both).
I don't know for sure, but I remember that ppl said you can't get both.

I don't understand why you shouldn't be able to get both, since it works together. I have it on mine, German spec. off course, but that's evidence, taht the systems work together.

The priority one document doesn't mention that getting ventilated seats excludes ordering the cold weather packjage...

I dunno...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
05_priority_1.pdf (7.2 KB, 203 views)
Old 11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

I don't have any experience with the BMW ventilated seats but we do have cooled seats in my wife's Navigator and it does keep you cooler. It's been a nice option to have.

Quick Reply: Who has ventilated seats?