E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

white 535xi

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by bimmer722' post='614108' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:19 PM
You know after re-reading his initial post something dosen't make sense....your list of cars don't fit...You go from a honda civic to an Aston Martin after graduation??? I would figure a Mercedes or 7 series would be in the mix of "Fam's Cars"
It's a little odd that he has the most expensive car out of everyone in his family. If your lucky enough to have a wealthy fam growing up why not have nice cars, a nice house etc.. but if your driving a more expensive car then your dad and mom somethings not right LoL. a little weird IMO. but hey at least he chose the right car
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

The proof is always in the pics...and I'm pretty sure gs 535xi will post pics, including the entire stable...

It's natural to be skeptical, but maybe he's on the level....we shall see...
Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by tuco' post='613928' date='Jul 1 2008, 03:17 PM
+1 Couldn't agree with you more. Maybe the youngster should read the Jan08 story of the kid in Florida and his Daddy's M5.....!!!!

BTW, that's a steep price for a 535xi, even in Canada, with tax in.
Seems a little crazy, but may be true. The price after all of my options for my 535xi was just over $81k w/o tax. I would have rather save some money and go with a 2006 M5 for about 15k less, but to be honest I'd probably kill myself with one of those 500hp beasts.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='614132' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:46 PM
The proof is always in the pics...and I'm pretty sure gs 535xi will post pics, including the entire stable...

It's natural to be skeptical, but maybe he's on the level....we shall see...

haha ill put some pics up of the ridee once i get it
i think i got the better car because im the youngest and the only boy... you know how parents favour the guys more, well thats how it is in my house.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmer722' post='614020' date='Jul 1 2008, 09:08 PM
I know what you mean.....

Anyway, welcome to the board and just remember...respect the car and thoes who are on the road with you. At 16yr I can say some if not most of us did some stupid things in our cars but with less horspower. In your case its probably best you don't have an M5. 500hp +16yr =????????

I have seen and heard too many stories.....Drive safe

yah my dads going to put the speed limit max to 120km/h soo i geuss ill jus drive fast in the citty, chill on the highwayy
Old 07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by gs_535xi' post='614183' date='Jul 2 2008, 01:36 AM
haha ill put some pics up of the ridee once i get it
i think i got the better car because im the youngest and the only boy... you know how parents favour the guys more, well thats how it is in my house.
How did your car end up costing more than your entire family's combined? Being the only "boy in the family who did well in high school" doesn't justify such a gift, in my mind at least. Let's at least see the stable of other cars in the house before you get yours. It better be a nice stable with a nice attached mansion to go with it!

And for someone who did so well in school, your grammar & spelling could use some help! And I am pretty sure French is the not the first language in British Columbia. Just busting your chops a bit....but that's what you get for posting about a $95K car at 16 yo that you won't even have for 2 months....with an Eisenmann dual exhaust to boot. Also, you need to edit your OP that starts off, "I bought......"

Hope to see it soon.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Barrelfish' post='614023' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:16 PM
You know, I just can't understand something like this if it really is legitimate. I'm sorry but how the hell can anyone understand work ethic and earning what you have if you are given something at a young age? Maybe some people are grounded enough that it doesn't effect them but my experience has been that younger people who were given high priced items or high priced opportunities (like having their own franchise) by mommy and daddy have pretty much always been arrogant jerks who are out of touch with the reality that most people exist in. And don't even give me the 'I earned it by getting good grades' spiel. Those are generally just a step down a longer path of accomplishment that actually means something.

I apologize for the soap-box and maybe this post is completely out of line but if these posts by supposedly young people are true, this is just getting ridiculous. Then again, maybe it is just my being jealous of the fact that they have such an awesome car and I can't seem to bring myself and my $100k plus income to pull the trigger on acquiring one due to my feeling like I can't afford it. Yeah, that is probably it. I guess I just need to live vicariously for the time being.

End of soapbox.

talking about work ethic and earning what you are given.....every year i work for my dad in the summer for free at 1 of the farms he owns and i do everything and he doesnt even worry about it. having a blueberry farm each year the income from it is over 600k (dont mean to brag but your comment makes me feel like a snobby little bitch) and hiring some 1 to do all that work would be well worth more than a 5 series after workin there for about 9 years and managing everything by myself so he can do other jobs. Also why would my parents want me to work for a bimmer when they could easily buy me 1. they dont want me to work as hard as they did when they were kids to get were they are, they want me to be at there level and get even higher... if that makes sense to you. -> that was probably the deepest shiet i wrote ina while... lol
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by gs_535xi' post='614206' date='Jul 2 2008, 02:23 AM
talking about work ethic and earning what you are given.....every year i work for my dad in the summer for free at 1 of the farms he owns and i do everything and he doesnt even worry about it. having a blueberry farm each year the income from it is over 600k (dont mean to brag but your comment makes me feel like a snobby little bitch) and hiring some 1 to do all that work would be well worth more than a 5 series after workin there for about 9 years and managing everything by myself so he can do other jobs. Also why would my parents want me to work for a bimmer when they could easily buy me 1. they dont want me to work as hard as they did when they were kids to get were they are, they want me to be at there level and get even higher... if that makes sense to you. -> that was probably the deepest shiet i wrote ina while... lol
Way to fire back! You worked there for 9 years, managing things since you were 7? Damn, you deserve a 5 series if that's true!

Now let's see some pics of the ride and the blueberries! I'm getting hungry for some pie!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='614192' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:58 AM
I still want to know how you already installed a dual Eisenmann exhaust on the car you won't even have till August.

And how did your car end up costing more than your entire family's combined? Being the only "boy in the family who did well in high school" doesn't justify such a gift, in my mind at least. Let's at least see the stable of other cars in the house before you get yours. It better be a nice stable with a nice attached mansion to go with it!

And for someone who did so well in school, your grammar & spelling could use some help! And I am pretty sure French is the not the first language in British Columbia. Just busting your chops a bit....but that's what you get for posting about a $95K car at 16 yo that you won't even have for 2 months....with an Eisenmann dual exhaust to boot. Also, you need to edit your OP that starts off, "I bought......"

Hope to see it soon.

lol well im use to typin like i do on msn n stuff.
at the bmw place, brian jessel bmw thye have a performance center and i ordered the eisenmann exhaust for it. the guys name is "shane" chinese dude thats going to put it on before i pik it up, already paid for it.
i have pics of the yamaha n bmw but there crappy pics from my phone, ill take more wen i get mine. and ill take pics of the house(s) too.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='614210' date='Jul 2 2008, 01:30 AM
Way to fire back! Now let's see some pics of the ride and the blueberries!

lol okayy umm ill go n take some pics right now but its darkk soo il turn the lights on outside,
ill send u the pic of yamaha n the blueberry all the other cars are at sisters house, ill take those pics wen i get my bmw..
wait like 10 mins,, ill email em o attach em to make u happy sound good

Quick Reply: white 535xi