E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Wheres my NAV disc!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok im going to vent a little...I am still trying to fathom why bmw does not include a nav disc with the nav when you buy through military sales granted we get the nav option for like a 100 bucks cheaper but that still does not offset the cost of the disc and plus how the hell are you supposed to use the nav if you dont have a disc!!! its crazy BMW is freakin nuts there customer service and every other thing about the way they treat customers sucks!!! Dont get me wrong in the past few post it looks like i dont like my car I Love My 5er!!! It just happens to be caught in the middle.
And another thing the day i picked my 5er up it was on Empty!!!and they told me i had to fill it up myself!!!! CRAZINESS!!!! I talk to my buddy who bought a saab and he got a full tank of gas they waxed and washed his car again because it got a little moisture on it...I dont think i would ever see BMW do that for a customer no matter how much they paid for there car!!!And another thing that pisses me off is that they wont ship my car for me when i leave germany i have to either pay them 800 bucks or ship it throught the military for free(theres a reason why its free)every one else i talk to who has bought a new car here says theredealership and car company is going to ship it back for them free of charge......But i guess thats the price we pay for having a big pretty emblem on our hoods!! <_<
Old 09-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

whoever supplied your car is at fault here not BMW. BMW dealers are franchises (well in the UK they are) and levels of service will and do vary from dealer to dealer. Sounds like you found a bad one which is a shame. Vote with your wheels and take the business elsewhere.

I bought my car (ex-demo) from a UK dealer and when I collected it they had valeted it, filled the tank with petrol and spent over an hour with me going through all of the various features etc etc

Agree with you on the NAV disc though...i think if you buy the NAV it should include the first disc for free and then like the rest of us if you wish to buy the later revisions of the discs as they are released you have to buy them.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Members

I'm thinking about a military sales acquisition on a new 545i. They gave me a price quote under invoice and it has the $100 discount on the nav package. I think they don't offer the disc because they aren't sure about where you plan to live by the time the car is delivered. Is it really true you can't negotiate anything. I mean the price is great, but they're making a killing on you when you order with full options. The price differential to non-military becomes smaller when you buy it fully loaded. Did you have your car shipped to a U.S. port? Is this the recommended route despite the troubles you've had? And any other complaints worth noting about this program?
Old 09-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

I'm also purchasing my BMW through the military sales program and I've been told they (the agency I purchase the car through) will provide a copy of the DVD along with the car. Don't know about the gas tank though. I know up front about the $800 to ship it back to the USA. The local dealer is ok but the parts dept. really sucks! All-in-all, I think the experience will be pleasant . I plan on driving here in Germany for at least two years.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Dude, there is know way Schaal would hook us up like that. It would have to be Capital Motors that does it for us. I understand your frustrations but it is how it is. You did get a NAV disc if you remember from CM's.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

I wouldn't expect the same service from a Military Sales as you would a BMW dealership. You are basically buying wholesale, so there is not as much mark-up for the little niceties you normally get from the dealer. I also don't know if a full tank of gas is something to expect here in Eurpoe. I mean, youre talking about them throwing in an additional $70 compared to maybe $30 in the US.

One thing I have been wondering is whether the deals are still as good through the Military Sales as they were in the past. BMW is offering so many incentives to buy certain models and in-conjuction with the ED program, seems like the deals are as good if not better these days.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Sep 7 2004, 11:34 PM
I also don't know if a full tank of gas is something to expect here in Eurpoe. I mean, youre talking about them throwing in an additional $70 compared to maybe $30 in the US.
You usually get enough gas to make it home or to the next gas station.
I've never bought a new car in Germany where the tank was full. Best was a quarter so far...
Old 09-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

I understand the frustration. I bought mine with the NAV system but was told it would be $100 less because no disc. Heard the same story, if you are shipping to states then what part (believe the US is broken down into 5 separate disc) will you get orders for or just a European NAV disk for only a few months or a year and then you've spent $250 for a short term investment. I've also heard shipping is $900. Do I sell the wife's car and ship the BMW home via MTMC or pay to ship to a specific port and then have to drive the wife's car to the port to get my car and both us drive to the new post. They don't make it easy but I figured I saved $8K on my car so if I have to put up with some inconveniences compared to the price then that's what you have to pay. The old motor oil saying: You can pay me now or you can pay me later????
Old 09-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Contributors

CONUS is just 1 DVD and about the same cost as the EU disc. If I have to buy a disc anyway at least give me the CONUS disc is my thought. Even if it is out dated by the time I get back.

No gas.... I had 30 miles to go on the range and 100 miles to get home but at least I remembered to bring the coupons.

You save on the base price of the car but not on the options. If you shop it around a little (it seems like every base has a BMW Military Sales office) you may find a dealer that will throw in a few extras. Like the DVD! I found 2 that were willing to do this.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 7 2004, 03:41 PM
[quote name='JBOO' date='Sep 7 2004, 11:34 PM'] I also don't know if a full tank of gas is something to expect here in Eurpoe.? I mean, youre talking about them throwing in an additional $70 compared to maybe $30 in the US.
You usually get enough gas to make it home or to the next gas station.
I've never bought a new car in Germany where the tank was full. Best was a quarter so far... [/quote]
I got a full tank when I got the car.. I think I paid for it because I paid around 400 or 500 euros for the delivery.

Quick Reply: Wheres my NAV disc!!!