E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

where do i put the sprint booster once installed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whys it sticking out? I got mine to clear under everything. Can't tell its there.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Senior Members

hate to say but even the guy with the one "sticking out" doesn't cut how close of a fit mine was. the right side of the pedal was completely up against a wall. it had to go underneath the pedal then to the left under the carpet, and that was the only option. i will try and take a pic tomorrow of where my pedal sits (no SB there now), but the link i posted above--that guy had the same issue.

btw, i sent the SB back today for a full refund. aside from the install, what i mentioned above about what the SB did on my car, i really just do not believe in it.

thanks for the responses guys.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bens1088
Whys it sticking out? I got mine to clear under everything. Can't tell its there.
i didn't realize you had the same car as me--will you take pics? where is your wire harness coming out from? maybe since you have the sport package your accelerator is mounted differently? i spent a while and there was seriously no way that SB was going to fit without stuffing it to the side. i'm curious what yours looks like...
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bha7176
can you post a picture of the SB V2 you have there tuffluck? Maybe you got a bad one, I do remember posts about that before, and once they returned it and got a new one they were satisfied.
maybe...though i took it out already. but the one i got looks exactly the same size as the guy above with the pics, i just didn't have enough room between the carpet and the accelerator to put it there like he did. i don't really understand...it doesn't seem right to me. then agian, when i was trying to hardwire my radar detector, of all 13 pages of pictures that were posted, i didn't see any of them that represented the wiring in my car. maybe my car's late production was just screwy?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Where are you? If you're in NYC area, I can just help you installing it - I've done a few in my day

But yes, you need to tuck the SB on the BOTTOM and cut the carpeting in exactly the right place. The cut will need to be pretty wide and deep, but it shouldn't affect anything. Just be sure that you don't cut anything except for the carpeting - there could be some wires under there. I used a pair of surgical scissors to cut the carpet and went ~5mm at a time, always making sure I wasn't cutting something off.

Good Luck, dude
Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Senior Members

I didn't even need to cut mine and it fits perfectly?... I'm on vacation right now but I'll take some pics when I get back.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Where are you? If you're in NYC area, I can just help you installing it - I've done a few in my day

But yes, you need to tuck the SB on the BOTTOM and cut the carpeting in exactly the right place. The cut will need to be pretty wide and deep, but it shouldn't affect anything. Just be sure that you don't cut anything except for the carpeting - there could be some wires under there. I used a pair of surgical scissors to cut the carpet and went ~5mm at a time, always making sure I wasn't cutting something off.

Good Luck, dude
okay, glad to know someone else cut their carpet. i think i cut it right--i put the SB on the left side of the pedal under the contoured carpet, is that what you did?

thanks for the offer, i appreciate it. i wish i lived in NYC i'm in dallas.