E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy Mod Parts (pref from Canada to save duty)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone list a few good sites that offer mod parts - I'd like to get the rear windshield spoiler, trunk lip spoiler and a new 'nose' or front lip.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Members

anyone?? just looking for a referral.
Haven't done any mods before so do apologize for my ignorance... don't want to get stuck with garbage so hoping a kind forum member can shoot a link over :-)
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Lots of members here get their parts from Trinity, Umnitza and Acute Performance. The problem you will encounter is the shipping charges and duty tax. May be you can order the parts and have it delivered to a place near the border and pick it up. That or you can make a trip to John's place in NY.

GL and have fun modding!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

Or you can ask the Toronto's members to see where they got their parts. Check out the all Canadian thread somewhere in this forum.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by sotek
Can anyone list a few good sites that offer mod parts - I'd like to get the rear windshield spoiler, trunk lip spoiler and a new 'nose' or front lip.

Thanks in advance!
Toronto is only 1 hour roughly away from Buffalo (usually) on the weekend. We can ship to the greyhound station there for pick up and you can drive down saving yourself hundreds in taxes, duties, and other fees.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Members

Thanks guys!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Members

You are from toronto? What kind of parts are you looking for?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Ship them to the UPS store in Buffalo. It's 15 mins from the Fort Erie bridge.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

Just a word to the wise. When you come back across the border make sure you declare them. If you are caught NOT declaring, the border boys(and girls) COULD seize the property and COULD give you a fine. A friend of mine went shopping in Buffalo paid a fine, paid double the duty but was allowed to take the items. Her car was also red-flagged for future inspections.
FYI
Old 08-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Members

Havent found much in the way of aftermarket parts here in CAN. However, you're only going to pay 6.25% duty at most plus pst and gst (if you declare it of course). so the real diff is 6% and any brokerage fee paid on cross border shipping, depending on who its shipped with that might add up to $100 brokerage. In my experience tho if you get it shipped say to usaddressinc (dotcom)and pick it up and cross it yourself, half the time the border agents will just hit you the pst and gst, they dont seem to want to bother digging into origin. I have questioned it and they just say, if you really want to pay it, I'll charge it...theyre pretty cool.
either way I think you'll find uS prices mostly way better, especially if you check your stealership pricing..

Quick Reply: Where to buy Mod Parts (pref from Canada to save duty)