E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Where is Auburn interior for e60?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terracotta=Auburn for the most part.

Its a color that might be seen as too sporty for this midsize model.

Why change the door design and go conservitive? Same for rounding out the grill. Less agressive looking.
Same for softening the 7 series when the refreshed it. 3 series is also less "Bangled".

Why? Sells more cars. WHen you start pandering to the masses there is nowhere to go but down. Don't get me wrong, the cars are great, but they are now no. 1 but how did they get there?

Building great cars that were under the watch of the dreadful Bangle! I love how everyone bashes him but under his sword BMW became the No. 1 seller of premium cars in the world.

NOt the tough job is to stay there.

HOnda used to be daring. The 85 accord with the flip lights, low beltline and low seating position was very radical for a mass marketed model a that time. everyone laughed at the Audi bass mouth grill but it is now being copied everywhere.

So what does BMW do? Get conservitive. Corp culture is a bitch! Lots of pressure.

IM sure they did a study group and found what was objectiionable about the e60 and found the doors were too far out and auburn was too sporty for a car at this price point. Im sure getting existing lease holders a reason to reup on a refreshed e60 has to be important. Those 36 month lease holders don't have a new model to get into.

Auburn is associated with the smaller sportier cars like the Audi TT.

For me, I liken my Monaco blue with auburn as a Navy suit with brown shoes. If done right its a nice touch. Nice concervative exterior with a splash of color. An earthtone.

Actually I am grateful when others say they don't like it. Good taste is not for the masses and if everyone liked my color then it would be boring. I don't need blanket validation for what I do.

My first choice would be one of the grays with red leather and Alum trim! Maybe my next vehicle will be a 335 with that combo!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by bargamon' post='415997' date='Apr 20 2007, 02:52 PM
My first choice would be one of the grays with red leather and Alum trim! Maybe my next vehicle will be a 335 with that combo!
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and go for a more unique exterior colour as well like I've done. One of the eternally yawn making greys has got to be the most boring and conservative of choices and thus the vast majority you see on the road.

My argument for Olivin green is the same as yours for Auburn but you've not followed it through....

Still I suppose you could throw that back at me for my choice of beige interior which may seem boring to some....

One thing we can all be sure of is that you will never get total agreement on colour choice for cars!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Members

My logic is the more rare it is the better for us auburn owners

I love it...
Old 04-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='415799' date='Apr 19 2007, 07:07 PM
And please........it is NOT orange. If you have seen Auburn in person for more than a few minutes then you would know that the orange color that you see in the photos with flash is NOT the real color of Auburn.

I may come back to gray sometime in the future, but for now I hope BMW keeps offering some more interesting yet tastefull colors....both exterior and interior.

Um, . . . . sorry but yeap its orange. Kinda like, no, just like the NBA basketball and not like the Audi MLB baseball glove. Not that there is anything wrong with it. Its a preference thing. I tried to love it and couldn't. Anyone miss or loathe silber grau??

CVT Benhogan
Old 04-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i 2006 alpine white decota beige interior, GPS, Active steer, Adaptive lamps,rear blinds electric,side blinds

Let me put it this way:

Black :Sporty

Beige:Classy

Auburn: Trendy

----so which one you prefer ?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Members

Amazing how some can become such experts on colors and their meaning...

And btw, it is not orange.

I love the Auburn and to each his own.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Comfort Seat Version?

ABC
Old 04-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

That doesnt look... doesnt look very comfy... Maybe for King Louie the XIII
Old 04-22-2007, 12:04 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='416545' date='Apr 22 2007, 04:30 PM
Comfort Seat Version?

ABC
Those are both ugly and uncomfortable.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='416626' date='Apr 22 2007, 08:42 PM
That doesnt very comfy... Maybe for King Louie the XIII
I thought the image...

ABC

Quick Reply: Where is Auburn interior for e60?