E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the wheels that got me in so much trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Thanks for all the suggestions i'm doing the shadowtrim next i will put up pics soon as its done and yes i do need to hide my mods if i want a happy fiancee.. sometimes its not worth the hassle that would follow if she were to see any more of my mods.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

I was going to say good luck with all your mods but instead I'm going to wish you all the good luck in the world with your fiancee and future wife.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Members

My Ride: White 2009 BMW M5 With black AZ schintzer rims

I agree with the shadow line, it looks like it would be a great addition! But trevfun if your lady isn?t a fan you gotta listen to her! Happy wife happy life man?. If you?re engaged shouldn?t you already know that?! Lol!!!!! Well I had the opposite situation while I was married (I?m newly single) and didn?t start acting on my love for luxury cars until the big ?D? out of respect for my ex-hubby.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

a slight drop would make it look much better
Old 07-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Slydel
Shadowline trim next!
+ 100% agreed
Originally Posted by Howitzer
shadowline plus drop!
+ 100% agreed there
Old 07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Since you're getting shadowline, I'd go with Euro Stickers next since it's easily, not so noticable and comes in an envelope .

I would recommend an M-Tech or replica kit and if you can hide that from your fiance, you are the man!

In regards to lowering your car, if it's installed properly, there should be no problems (coilovers or springs). In California, there are tons and tons of lowered cars and I rarely hear of any problems (most problems due to rubbing because people go super aggressive with their wheel setups). Heck, I installed my coilovers myself and couldn't be happier, 0 finger gap all around FTW! Oh and LA roads suck too so I feel you (two bent wheels)...
Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

you need shadowline trim BEFORE you do anything else!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Since you're getting shadowline, I'd go with Euro Stickers next since it's easily, not so noticable and comes in an envelope .

I would recommend an M-Tech or replica kit and if you can hide that from your fiance, you are the man!

In regards to lowering your car, if it's installed properly, there should be no problems (coilovers or springs). In California, there are tons and tons of lowered cars and I rarely hear of any problems (most problems due to rubbing because people go super aggressive with their wheel setups). Heck, I installed my coilovers myself and couldn't be happier, 0 finger gap all around FTW! Oh and LA roads suck too so I feel you (two bent wheels)...
i have done a few mods since this post, i did the euro stickers, dynamic carbon fiber roundels and waiting on my blackout badge.It was pretty sweet getting them in envelops instead of a package lol. I think i will hold off on the mkit till after the wedding as its fast approaching i dont want her to question my order of priority.BTW C did you notice anything different with my username?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by E60ROCKS
i have done a few mods since this post, i did the euro stickers, dynamic carbon fiber roundels and waiting on my blackout badge.It was pretty sweet getting them in envelops instead of a package lol. I think i will hold off on the mkit till after the wedding as its fast approaching i dont want her to question my order of priority.BTW C did you notice anything different with my username?
For you to do:

1. Shadowline

2. M Tech kit.

3. A woman who treats you with more respect. Bro, if you think she is tough now, just wait to you are married and have kids with her......no disrespect intended but I can assure you that if I relationship is hard in the beginning, it does not get any warier as time passes. To the contrary, it just gets tougher.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by E60ROCKS
Since you got the euro stickers, cf roundels/badges do this:

1. shadowline trim
2. M Style kit
3. led turn signals
4. RPi Scoop
5. led turn signals

Quick Reply: the wheels that got me in so much trouble