E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Which wheels..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='593254' date='Jun 1 2008, 09:36 PM
Call VMR and ask for Gideon. Ask him to photoshop these wheels on an AW E60. He'll do it. You might need to send him a pic of an AW E60, but he'll do the rest. When you get it, PM me the link. I want to see it.

I have ZERO doubt though, that these will look sick! ZERO! People have told me that my CSL wheels look better on my E60 than they do on the M3. Most of those people were M5Board members, if that says anything.
that might be my best bet, even if i decide later to change em up its not like i'll lose a ton of money since they're so reasonably priced. are the wheels gun metal or hyper black in the pic above??
Old 06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by too solid' post='593249' date='Jun 2 2008, 12:34 AM
i think it would look amazing too, but i wanna see it first. so far this pic is all i can find to anything close to a 5er with gun metal csl's. and as you can see, it isnt a 5er lol
Between C and me trying to convince you that the CSL's are the way to go, I am surprised this is even a decision anymore. Once I saw these rims (thanks to C's advice as well when I was a newbie ), they were the ones for me....without a doubt. I never regretted the style of these rims for one second.

And who's the king of regret on this forum, if not me?!?! It was probably the easiest decision to make once I saw them and knew they'd fit my hubs and offsets perfectly. It was a done deal after that.

And I believe, earlier in this thread I also suggested the hyperblack or gunmetal CSL's as well? (post #10) The top pic is Gunmetal and I think that bottom pic is actually Hyperblack, which has a bit more silvery/black sheen to it than the gunmetal. Either would look awesome on AW, and like C said, YOU CAN'T BEAT THE QUALITY/PRICE/LOOKS of these rims.

If you like them on the 3 series, they look even better on the 5, IMHO. Go for these and end it. Those Asanti's and other VMR's look too BLING BLING for my taste....no offense to those who own them. CSL's baby! I've been telling you this for how long?!?!

Like C said, call Gideon at VMR. His direct line is 714-881-4331 or 1-866-364-8073 ext. 103. Reference Calton C. and Dave L.

Which wheels..-dscn6222.jpg
Old 06-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='593278' date='Jun 1 2008, 10:05 PM
Between C and me trying to convince you that the CSL's are the way to go, I am surprised this is even a decision anymore. Once I saw these rims (thanks to C's advice as well when I was a newbie ), they were the ones for me....without a doubt. I never regretted the style of these rims for one second.

And who's the king of regret on this forum, if not me?!?! It was probably the easiest decision to make once I saw them and knew they'd fit my hubs and offsets perfectly. It was a done deal after that.

And I believe, earlier in this thread I also suggested the hyperblack or gunmetal CSL's as well? (post #10) The top pic is Gunmetal and I think that bottom pic is actually Hyperblack, which has a bit more silvery/black sheen to it than the gunmetal. Either would look awesome on AW, and like C said, YOU CAN'T BEAT THE QUALITY/PRICE/LOOKS of these rims.

If you like them on the 3 series, they look even better on the 5, IMHO. Go for these and end it. Those Asanti's and other VMR's look to BLING BLING for my taste....no offense to those who own them. CSL's baby! I've been telling you this for how long?!?!

Attachment 51756
tiz tru lol. i'm a nut though.. i change my mind almost every day. i garantee within my 3 year lease i'll have owned at least 3 or 4 sets of wheels. as of right now, meaning this minute, i'm thinking the gun metal csl's lol. i know they'd look sick but i'd love to see exactly what it would look like b4 i go and order them. just know that no matter what decision i make i couldnt have made it without you and C, your help is greatly appreciated. you guys have made me understand all there is to know about wheels, for the xi especially. lol
Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by too solid' post='593283' date='Jun 2 2008, 01:17 AM
I change my mind almost every day. i guarantee within my 3 year lease i'll have owned at least 3 or 4 sets of wheels. as of right now, meaning this minute, i'm thinking the gun metal csl's lol. i know they'd look sick but i'd love to see exactly what it would look like b4 i go and order them. just know that no matter what decision i make i couldnt have made it without you and C, your help is greatly appreciated. you guys have made me understand all there is to know about wheels, for the xi especially. lol
You're welcome! And BTW, within the past 12 months, I am on my 3rd BMW, so I have you beat! And I'm not even 100% sure I made the right decision with my M5, but I will do my best to live with it. Poor me!

As for the color for the CSL's, the gunmetal is a "newer" finish for them. Sometimes I think the Hyperblack are a bit too shiny for my liking, and I know if I had to choose, I'd pick gunmetal if I were you...but I am not! It's your decision in the end.

Did you browse all of VMR's Gallery? At least it gives you an idea of the different colors, even it's on an Audi. Like C said, have Gideon do a Photoshop for you, and then you can order them!

And not to make things even harder, those new V710 rims VMR is coming out with are gonna be sick...HRE P40 Monoblok knockoffs. These HRE's are some of the hottest wheels going right now...$6K just for the rims alone!

I would have gotten a V710 set for the M5 had they planned 20's for them. So far only 19's, and they are supposed to be coming out this month! And I don't believe gunmetal is an option at this point, just the Hypersilver (like C's color), Hyperblack and Matte black. The offsets for them are perfect for the xi. They offer 19x8.5" ET35 Fronts and 19x9.5" ET45 Rears...sweet!

BTW, C doesn't really like the REAL or replica HRE P40's due to the thin edge around the outer lip...says it makes them look like replicas. It doesn't bother ME a bit, though, since the real HRE's have the SAME lip! Pic 1 = VMR; Pics 2, 3 = HRE.

http://www.modbargains.com/product.aspx?pf...elocity_V710_KY
Which wheels..-dsc_0347med.jpg
Which wheels..-2466314243de7d30a5a6btx2.jpg
Which wheels..-hre2.jpg
Old 06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='593304' date='Jun 1 2008, 09:58 PM
You're welcome! And BTW, within the past 12 months, I am on my 3rd BMW, so I have you beat! And I'm not even 100% sure I made the right decision with my M5, but I will do my best to live with it. Poor me!

As for the color for the CSL's, the gunmetal is a "newer" finish for them. Sometimes I think the Hyperblack are a bit too shiny for my liking, and I know if I had to choose, I'd pick gunmetal if I were you...but I am not! It's your decision in the end.

Did you browse all of VMR's Gallery? At least it gives you an idea of the different colors, even it's on an Audi. Like C said, have Gideon do a Photoshop for you, and then you can order them!

And not to make things even harder, those new V710 rims VMR is coming out with are gonna be sick...HRE P40 Monoblok knockoffs. These HRE's are some of the hottest wheels going right now...$6K just for the rims alone!

I would have gotten a V710 set for the M5 had they planned 20's for them. So far only 19's, and they are supposed to be coming out this month! And I don't believe gunmetal is an option at this point, just the Hypersilver (like C's color), Hyperblack and Matte black. The offsets for them are perfect for the xi. They offer 19x8.5" ET35 Fronts and 19x9.5" ET45 Rears...sweet!

BTW, C doesn't really like the REAL or replica HRE P40's due to the thin edge around the outer lip...says it makes them look like replicas. It doesn't bother ME a bit, though, since the real HRE's have the SAME lip! Pic 1 = VMR; Pics 2 and 3 = HRE.

http://www.modbargains.com/product.aspx?pf...elocity_V710_KY
Attachment 51757
Attachment 51758
Attachment 51759
I like them! I wonder what the hyperblack will actually look like? In the picture on the url you sent me it looks almost gun metal Their actually very nice. VMR wheels with HRE center caps. Wouldn't even know the difference lol
Old 06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by too solid' post='593313' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:22 AM
I like them! I wonder what the hyperblack will actually look like? In the picture on the url you sent me it looks almost gun metal Their actually very nice. VMR wheels with HRE center caps. Wouldn't even know the difference lol
"Borrowed" from Dynamic Motoring from the M5Board. Gunmetal 20" HRE's. This gives you and idea of a white E60 with this color rim at least. First pic is the P40's.

Which wheels..-bmw_m5_p40_satin_charcoal_20__1_.jpg
Which wheels..-bmw_m5_p41_satin_charcoal_20__4_.jpg
Old 06-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Contributors

YOU DID IT!
How did you find that? lol
Is that what the V710 hyperblack's are going to look like? or darker/glossier?
anymore angels of that M5?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by too solid' post='593316' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:28 AM
YOU DID IT!
How did you find that? lol
Is that what the V710 hyperblack's are going to look like? or darker/glossier?
anymore angels of that M5?
I am da man....what can I say!? Picture them as a bit shinier for Hyperblack...and a bit smaller in 19's, however I think the 20's can look too big from certain angles.

from Kevins4, M5Board...photoshopped onto Silverstone M5, believe it or not. That's what mine could look like!

Which wheels..-p813702.jpg
Old 06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Contributors

I think I'm gonna go with the V710's in hyperblack. Even if it is darker/glossier I think that will look even better! Thanks for the pics.

..and damn those look amazing on the silver M5. DO IT! You know you want to.

I agree 19's are perfect! Unless your going with a huge lip like on certain wheels. But for real those looks sicccc on that silver 5. You should pre-order
Old 06-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by too solid' post='593323' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:33 AM
I think I'm gonna go with the V710's in hyperblack. Even if it is darker/glossier I think that will look even better! Thanks for the pics...and damn those look amazing on the silver M5. DO IT! You know you want to.

I agree 19's are perfect! Unless your going with a huge lip like on certain wheels. But for real those looks sicccc on that silver 5. You should pre-order
It's about damn time you made a decision! Actually, I think the Hyperblack will be a bit lighter...changes with the angle of the wheel and sun. But, like you said, I think it will look even better than the gunmetal on AW.

Now just call tomorrow and make sure you can get them. I am sure there is a big line for them. Let me know what Gideon says because I may have to order some for myself, even if they are 19"!

I'll just use my 166's for winter instead!

And, btw, I have more pics of those on AW! From HRE, M5board... 20"

Which wheels..-img_2003.jpg
Which wheels..-bmw_m5_p40_satin_charcoal_20__3_.jpg
Which wheels..-bmw_m5_p40_satin_charcoal_20__4_.jpg

RJHoskins, M5 Board: Silverstone II 20"
Which wheels..-dsc03997ps6.jpg
Which wheels..-dsc04003qc1.jpg
Which wheels..-dsc04009io0.jpg

Quick Reply: Which wheels..