E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Wheel/Tire,Ride Comfort, Lets Discuss E60SPT

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 08:29 PM
I totally agree with you. I had my OEM Dunlops replaced under warranty at 11,000 miles after developing horrendous tire roar and tramlining at 7000 miles. BMW replaced them with 18" Bridgestone Potenza's (also runflats). What a difference!!! It's like I have a new car again....eerily quiet and no tramlining. Huge improvement. Do whatever you can to get rid of those horrible Dunslops....
[snapback]93027[/snapback]
Oops, forgot to log in. the above post was mine.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

So I?ve been down this path twice before with two of my E60?s (both with sport package). In both instances I stepped up to a 19? wheel/tire combo. The first time around I went with staggered 19?s in the factory listed size (see your air pressure sticker where 19? tires are listed w/recommended tire pressures) and ran PS2?s. Ride improved, handling improved things quieted way down?all around awesome?.this is the way the car should have been from the factory.

The second time around on the second car I went again to 19?s but this time went with the PS all-season. I liked the look of the tire a bit more but the main reason was I was looking to get a bit more mileage out of the tires and ultra-grip was not of the utmost importance to me given my driving style. Same thing Ride improved, handling improved (not quiet as good as the PS2 as would be expected) things quieted way down (not quiet as good as the PS2 as would be expected)?all around awesome.

I would not hesitate for a second to go to 19?s and depending on your driving environment/style I would go with one of the aforementioned Michelin tires. I?m in SoCal and the a/s is perfect for me
Old 02-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Feb 21 2005, 08:57 PM
So I?ve been down this path twice before with two of my E60?s (both with sport package). In both instances I stepped up to a 19? wheel/tire combo. The first time around I went with staggered 19?s in the factory listed size (see your air pressure sticker where 19? tires are listed w/recommended tire pressures) and ran PS2?s. Ride improved, handling improved things quieted way down?all around awesome?.this is the way the car should have been from the factory.

The second time around on the second car I went again to 19?s but this time went with the PS all-season. I liked the look of the tire a bit more but the main reason was I was looking to get a bit more mileage out of the tires and ultra-grip was not of the utmost importance to me given my driving style. Same thing Ride improved, handling improved (not quiet as good as the PS2 as would be expected) things quieted way down (not quiet as good as the PS2 as would be expected)?all around awesome.

I would not hesitate for a second to go to 19?s and depending on your driving environment/style I would go with one of the aforementioned Michelin tires. I?m in SoCal and the a/s is perfect for me
[snapback]93035[/snapback]
So the PS2 was quieter than than the PS all season? That's surprising...I heard the PS2 was very loud and rough riding.