E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Wheel Repair Shop question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012 | 11:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Hey everyone, how's it going?

Has anyone ever used Auto Collision Experts in Elizabeth,NJ for Wheel repair? I found them on a forum and decided to check them out after dropping my wife off at EWR... My wheel has a slight bend and is rashed ( NEVER let the Stealer wash your e60 !! ) and they quoted me $95.00. I dropped it off Friday (4/27/12) and they said it should me ready by next Wednesday.

Will post pics when I get them back...

Any feedback would be great, thanks guys.
Old 04-28-2012 | 05:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 550i SMG, HUD, Cold Weather/Sport Package, Mtech front bumper, Oem M5 rear bumper, V1 Concealed, RPI Scoop, 6000K HID both Fog and Headlight, M5 mirrors, LED interior lighting, M5 SMG Shift Knob, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust Quad Pipe, 30% Tint, Sprint B
Model Year: 2007

I have used them several times and just recently three weeks ago to repair some wheel rash on my two passenger side m5 wheels. They do good work and have never had a problem after repairs.
Old 04-29-2012 | 04:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i xDrive, Space Gray Metallic, Gray Dakota Leather, automatic, comfort access, window shades, comfort seats, fold down rear seats, PDC, Navi, HUD, HD Radio, premium package, value package

Originally Posted by dragonfx
Hey everyone, how's it going?

Has anyone ever used Auto Collision Experts in Elizabeth,NJ for Wheel repair? I found them on a forum and decided to check them out after dropping my wife off at EWR... My wheel has a slight bend and is rashed ( NEVER let the Stealer wash your e60 !! ) and they quoted me $95.00. I dropped it off Friday (4/27/12) and they said it should me ready by next Wednesday.

Will post pics when I get them back...

Any feedback would be great, thanks guys.
Nice! The dealer threw in a free bent rim along with the no charge scratch and swirl (free wash). How the heck did they bend the wheel washing the car. Did some punk take it for a joy ride after the wash?

Sorry to hear about your wheel. I don't have any experience with ACE in NJ but I have had rims repaird (Rim Pro) in the past with EXCELLENT results. Good luck.
Old 04-29-2012 | 01:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ironb
I have used them several times and just recently three weeks ago to repair some wheel rash on my two passenger side m5 wheels. They do good work and have never had a problem after repairs.
That's good to hear. What did they charge you?
Old 04-29-2012 | 01:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ssmokn
Nice! The dealer threw in a free bent rim along with the no charge scratch and swirl (free wash). How the heck did they bend the wheel washing the car. Did some punk take it for a joy ride after the wash?

Sorry to hear about your wheel. I don't have any experience with ACE in NJ but I have had rims repaird (Rim Pro) in the past with EXCELLENT results. Good luck.
The bend is very minor, but the rash is pretty severe. It got damaged on the rails. Or maybe a punk tech took it out for a spin...don't know. Just happy that they replaced the wheel and tire at no cost to me.
Old 04-29-2012 | 01:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530i

Now that's messed up. At local dealers they handwash lol
Old 04-29-2012 | 04:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i xDrive, Space Gray Metallic, Gray Dakota Leather, automatic, comfort access, window shades, comfort seats, fold down rear seats, PDC, Navi, HUD, HD Radio, premium package, value package

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Now that's messed up. At local dealers they handwash lol
Hand wash. Before or after they drop the wash mit on the ground a few times...

Skip the wash. Your paint will be better without it
Old 04-30-2012 | 06:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ssmokn
Hand wash. Before or after they drop the wash mit on the ground a few times...

Skip the wash. Your paint will be better without it
For Real!
Old 05-13-2012 | 09:10 AM
Senior Members

well, it's Mother's Day, May 13th and I STILL HAVEN'T gotten my wheel back yet! They said the following week they would call, it wound up that I had to call them. They answer the phone as if it were a personal # and didn't seem to know if my rim was there or not. I assume I spoke with the boss, he said that they only needed to apply the clear coat and he wasn't very customer friendly .He told me to call back the following morning to see if it was ready for pick up or not.

I called the following morning on a Saturday and he sounded very frantic, like he was under pressure and was having trouble managing the shops work load. He said the shop is busy on Saturdays and that we agreed to pick up the FOLLOWING FRIDAY??!! When I told him we never agreed to that and that he said that it ONLY needed clearcoat, he thought he had the wrong customer in mind. NOPE. Still a bit nasty and Still don't have my rim... :thumbsdown:

I'll keep you guys posted on the final outcome.

In the meantime, anyone know of ANY OTHER Wheel Repair shops in NJ/NY that are reputable and responsible?

Thanks , needed to vent that out... :thumbsdown: