E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Whats Wrong With My 06 525?

Old 06-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple days ago, I shut off the car and radio kept playing, even after I locked it. I restarted it, shut it off and it stopped. Today, I shut off the car and the bell kept ringing, after the key was removed and the door shut. Had to start the car and shut it down to make it stop. Whats the deal here? Anyone else experience any of this?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

There has been a ton of complaints about your exact problem. Use the "search" feature and you'll find at least 4-5 threads on the subject.

Good news is that it's a software problem and can be fixed easily by upgrading the software. Although I'm confused as to why you don't have the latest it being an '06 and all.

Originally Posted by sixgun95' date='Jun 21 2005, 10:29 PM
A couple days ago, I shut off the car and radio kept playing, even after I locked it.? I restarted it, shut it off and it stopped.? Today, I shut off the car and the bell kept ringing, after the key was removed and the door shut.? Had to start the car and shut it down to make it stop.? Whats the deal here? Anyone else experience any of this?
[snapback]141761[/snapback]
Old 06-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Jun 21 2005, 10:34 PM
There has been a ton of complaints about your exact problem.? Use the "search" feature and you'll find at least 4-5 threads on the subject.

Good news is that it's a software problem and can be fixed easily by upgrading the software.? Although I'm confused as to why you don't have the latest it being an '06 and all.

[quote name='sixgun95' date='Jun 21 2005, 10:29 PM']A couple days ago, I shut off the car and radio kept playing, even after I locked it.? I restarted it, shut it off and it stopped.? Today, I shut off the car and the bell kept ringing, after the key was removed and the door shut.? Had to start the car and shut it down to make it stop.? Whats the deal here? Anyone else experience any of this?
[snapback]141767[/snapback]
[/quote]
Plus you MIGHT lose your L.E.D. brow lights
Old 06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by sixgun95' date='Jun 21 2005, 09:29 PM
A couple days ago, I shut off the car and radio kept playing, even after I locked it.? I restarted it, shut it off and it stopped.? Today, I shut off the car and the bell kept ringing, after the key was removed and the door shut.? Had to start the car and shut it down to make it stop.? Whats the deal here? Anyone else experience any of this?

If your bluetooth phone is paired, this can happen.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I believe the bluetooth has something to do with this as well. I also believe you can go through a sequence of shutdown steps and run into this problem. I've been in a call and turned off the car and the conversation will continue, and the BMW connection will not hang up or go away unless I put the key back in, turned to ignition 1 position and hung up the phone manually. I am going to play around with this and key location, etc., but I believe it is just one of the things that will be fixed with a future software release. I too have an 06 525, and I haven't really had the problem you describe, but I have no idea what sofware version I have.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Members

I am not using the Bluetooth yet! How can I check to see what software version I have? Whats the latest version?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

only the dealer can.

i've had the same problem too ... with the chime.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:51 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Jun 22 2005, 06:12 AM
only the dealer can.

[snapback]141801[/snapback]

I hate this!! The more I read about the "software problems" the more I begin to lean towards other cars. This sounds more like buying a $1500 computer from Bill Gates, or a $14.95 software program, than buying a car that costs upwards of 55K.

Every problem lately has to do with "updating the software" Why can't it all work right, right off bat? Why are so many different versions of software out there in the same-year models? It also seems that unless you run into a problem (as I see in the forums), you'll never know whether you have the latest software installed and even if you do, some things work for some people, and some others do not. Even if you get "upgraded", you're liable to have other problems that had nothing to do with the first.

And everytime they install the "latest" they zero out all your previous settings. Is like reformatting your hard drive and losing all you s**t

Are the dealers - across the board - really qualified to do the work? I do not want to buy a car that has to go back for software upgrades because the friggin radio doesn't turn off, or the windows go down after you get back in the house, or the Angel Eyes look now like the devil's a**hole because they don't come on anymore. If it rains and your interior is damaged, or you get ripped off, who is responsible??

The dealer is probably going to say "you must've forgotten to close the windows or something". And how can you prove otherwise? A friend of mine (with a 2004 525i) had that happen to him here and both the trunk AND the windows opened as he went in his house. He only knew it 'cause his wife had seen him come in, click the remote to lock the doors and saw the trunk and windos open shortly afterwards. You know how they fixed it?? Yeah, you guessed a software "upgrade" -- WTFO???

Why are we putting up with this crap? I see some of you live dozens of miles from the closest Bimmer dealership and it has to get old to have to take time from work to drop off a car that should be 100% fully operational. And if you didn't buy it from them, and they do not give you a loaner, what do you do without a car???

I don't know guys, I'm salivating over the 550i, been waiting a year to order it but the more I read the forums, the more I start to vacilate and gravitate towards "lesser" cars - Volvo is starting to look good. The V60 R or the V70 R are nice cars and the interiors are surely nicer than the E60. You may not be able to match the materials or the Bimmer feel, but it sure is functional.

Anyway, I'm just raving and ranting...

Any comments from the peanut gallery? What do y'all think about this software issue and what are our options - if any? I read in one topic yesterday someone said "they're finally listening to us.." or something along those lines. Are they really???

Regrads,

Santiago
Old 06-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' date='Jun 22 2005, 07:51 AM
[quote name='wiszmaster' date='Jun 22 2005, 06:12 AM']only the dealer can.

I hate this!! The more I read about the "software problems" the more I begin to lean towards other cars. This sounds more like buying a $1500 computer from Bill Gates, or a $14.95 software program, than buying a car that costs upwards of 55K.

..................................us.." or somthing along those lines. Are they really???

Regrads,

Santiago
[snapback]141874[/snapback]
[/quote]

Honestly all of the new cars have software issues more or less...... VW, Audi.... eveb MB..... what about MB Eclass.....with sowtware bug there your car even stops and no way to start it up......
So I think the little problem with radio and lights is just a little price for having this beautiful E60.....
Old 06-22-2005, 05:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Jun 22 2005, 03:00 PM
[quote name='santiago fonseca' date='Jun 22 2005, 07:51 AM'][quote name='wiszmaster' date='Jun 22 2005, 06:12 AM']only the dealer can.

..................................us.." or somthing along those lines. Are they really???

Regrads,

Santiago
[snapback]141874[/snapback]
[/quote]

Honestly all of the new cars have software issues more or less...... VW, Audi.... eveb MB..... what about MB Eclass.....with sowtware bug there your car even stops and no way to start it up......
So I think the little problem with radio and lights is just a little price for having this beautiful E60.....
[snapback]141875[/snapback]
[/quote]

A car this expensive, really, shouldn't be a crap shoot. You shouldn't have to stress over "when is mine going to crap out" - you know? Now, if BMWNA had stellar tech and customer service it would be a different story - then it would not be too stressful since they'd take care of you, but I also see in the forums how dissatisfied people are with the after-delivery service they get when the car systems go T.U.

knowwhatImean Vern?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats Wrong With My 06 525?