E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What would you do???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 08:47 AM
dee
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i jet blk/blk sports,sound

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='233518
Do you think BMWNA will buy my car back if the engine clatters?

It'll be hard unless its excessive clattering thats really obvious thats its not normal... Slight clattering they'll claim its normal. And if the car is still moving and hasnt left you stranded they wont buy it back w/out a hard fight.
[/quote]
I've been complaining about the engine clatter since i first got the car.They finally did something about it when i was getting high emmissions signals from the computer.So they took off my heads and replaced my vavle levers.The pinging went away for a week,but when the car is fully warmed up it's as loud as before.do u think that will qualify?

Originally Posted by 555' post='233341' date='Feb 1 2006, 08:10 PM
Have not been on the boards for a while, fellas. I hope you are all well...

I had many issues with my car as well and I got sick of dealing with a poor dealership. They also said that BMW Field Service techs agreed with them (the dealer) and my car was performing normally (BS).

So I sent a certified letter to BMWNA in New Jersey and referenced the lemon law and sent them copies of all the work they had performed. I just had the dealer print it all up for me in advance.

A few days later, I got a Fed Ex letter from them saying they were on it and would contact me soon. Some time later, they bought the car back. I only paid the typical "mileage offset" and got everything else back. You paid top dollar for a car and should not have to deal with this. You may want to consider the letter to BMWNA as well.

-Jonathan
Could u tell me what kind of problems u were having with your car?
How much did you have to pay for the typical mileage offset?
Old 02-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='233471' date='Feb 2 2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks everyone again! I will keep trying for a bit longer and then just give up, I guess.

I have a contact at BMY NA but can't get a hold of him. He was recommended to me by BMW in Germany (I had already written a letter earlier this year to BMW in Munich), but all I get is his voice mail.

I am just sooooooooooooooo tired of this. I have much bigger issues to deal with at work etc. and I still believe that a car for $60,000 should NOT be an issue, i.e., I should not have to waste so much time in the first year to take it to the dealer, pick it up, try a different dealer, etc.

Its just sad to see how many of us (I knwo we are picky...) have so similar issues with runflats, rattles, engine, tranmission, software, etc. and how much time and effort we collectively waste getting our cars repaired.

Don't get me wrong, it drives beautifully and I still LOVE driving it, but its the many little things (like this morning driving to work, there is a rattle from the dash and the parcel shelf, the SMG was very rough again, etc.) that drive me nuts!

You need to email md of germany. His details are below:
david.panthen@bmw.de
Old 02-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Who is MD of Germany? in the USA, we have to deal with BMWNA. They are the importer of the vehicle.

DRJOCHEN, You need to ask your dealership for a meeting with the Aftersales Market Manager. He or She will be the one to buy your car back. Depending on how many times your car has been in the shop for the same problems that CAN NOT be fixed, it is my belief that BMWNA went to a more enhanced customer satisfaction mode. Rather than go the full length via the lemon law, they will take your car back using the same formula, without all the legal and time expense.

You must first start a dialog with the Aftersales Manager, who will coordinate with your dealership, and also the Regional tech manager. together, they will either fix your car, or buy it back. Am I 100% sure they will buy it back? NO, because I don't know the full extent of your situation, or your service history. But they have become more of a customer's advocate then an enemy.

Good luck.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by dee' post='233536' date='Feb 2 2006, 09:47 AM
I've been complaining about the engine clatter since i first got the car.They finally did something about it when i was getting high emmissions signals from the computer.So they took off my heads and replaced my vavle levers.The pinging went away for a week,but when the car is fully warmed up it's as loud as before.do u think that will qualify?

I think you should qualify for a new engine... buy back maybe if thats the case... they might just buy back your car and just sell it again and hope the new owner wont complain about it.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

When I ordered a manual transmission, it was not because I considered automatic or SMG technology unproven. The automatic transmission slam people talk about and the shuddering with your SMG are unacceptable. I can't believe BMW tolerates that. Those should be perfect transmissions. My wife's 325ix wagon has a very nice little automatic.

I say if you DO get a fresh 550, get it with a manual.