E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What updates are new for 16.3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

I don't know what ver. I have now but I do have working bluetooth and RDS now if that helps and the build date is nov 04, and the car was never updated before. The service rep said he believed that they had 16.3 (bmw of peabody) he said he was pretty sure they had not gotten 17.0 yet. But I would LOVE to know what, if any, improvements 16.3 has (but who knows I might already have 16.3) can anyone of you PRO's help???
Old 06-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:39 PM
I don't know what ver. I have now but I do have working bluetooth and RDS now if that helps and the build date is nov 04, and the car was never updated before.? The service rep said he believed that they had 16.3 (bmw of peabody) he said he was pretty sure they had not gotten 17.0 yet.? But I would LOVE to know what, if any, improvements 16.3 has (but who knows I might already have 16.3) can anyone of you PRO's help???
[snapback]137602[/snapback]
Also my service rep. told me that he didn't think that ver. 17 was released yet at least not to them???? Was he just wrong or is it not sent to every dealership at the same time????
Old 06-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Your dealer is out of date. Some dealers already have version 17.1. As I understand it, they are able to download it now. Search this board for additional information as the currently available CIP version is a frequent topic and there are many realted threads.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='Jun 8 2005, 03:24 PM
? Search this board for additional information as the currently available CIP version is a frequent topic and there are many realted threads.
[snapback]137674[/snapback]
I have searched but there really isn't anythink that I could find that someone actualy broke it down
16.2 --- fixed blah blah blah blah
17.0 --- fixed blah blah blah blah

is there an actual topic like that?
Old 06-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

I just picked up my car from the service because I had the Passenger airbag error showing up. I asked my rep to print out the version and it is 17.01.

I had version 16.x something and the changes I can see and feel are specially on the active steering which is harder I like that. It feels like a BMW now. Before it was a bit too over assisted. Other changes is on the communication panel, there is the Phone and SMS not sure what that is bu8t i can not select it.

So they:
Upgraded my IDrive version
UPgraded the Transmission program (feels faster Butt Dyno )
and replace the whole seat bottom on the passenger side

car feels good now

just my 2cents
Old 06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

This one talks a bit about Version 17.1 installed by a dealer in Dallas. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12302
Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='Jun 8 2005, 04:49 PM
This one talks a bit about Version 17.1 installed by a dealer in Dallas.? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12302
[snapback]137716[/snapback]
OK GOOD NEWS (well at least for me anyway ) I talked to my service guy today and he said to bring my cell phone over because the service person wanted to check out if I had the right software verison for my phone (I knew I did) because I said people have been complaining about echo's. Well, they checked it out and said I had the right verison and that right now my car was geting ver. 17 because they just got it in.... So now my question is "WHAT UPDATES ARE FOR 17" Should I be happy? Or will I not notice anything different since I don't have nav or adpt. steering (think those 2 where updates no?) but I CAN try out and see if MP3's will work like that last person said it did for him!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

I miss my E60 . Called the service tonight to see if I could come and pick up my car and they said that my car didn't take on the first try with the ver. 17 upgrade so they had to put it in for an other 8 hours . I asked him if he knew what the actual UPDATES where on 17 and he said he was going to "try" and find out and get back to me. I hope he does I would love to know.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I had 17.1 installed today when they installed the aux input. Drove it right home, so the only change I noticed is perspective view in nav.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

I had ver 17.1 installed on my non nav E60 this week. I was complaining about rough performance at low rpm's, found that when starting from stop sign or traffic light unless I pressed down on the gas peddle real hard the car would jerk through the gears. Am happy to report that gears are much smoother now and the jerkiness has disappeared.

I have noticed two things with ver 17.1 . First I now have RDS, second the car does not start the same way it did before software update. Prior to update when you start the car and just turn the key a touch and let go it would automatically crank and start, I believe this is a BMW thing and this was talked about in a thread that I read awhile ago. Unfortunately with new software this no longer happens. Because I was used to this I now find that I have to restart the car because I am letting go of the key to early to early and this sucks.

I am not sure if this is due to the new software or if they perhaps played around with the timing. I am bringing my car back on Thursday as they are replacing the sun roof seals, I am fed up with wind noise and they are fed up of my complaints, hence they are trying new seals.

Aside from the above nothing else has changed, non-nav car is boring, won't make this mistake next time, will go for nav.

Quick Reply: What updates are new for 16.3?