E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 3 days after I got my 525d, I noticed a noise at around 1700 rpm, about which I have posted lots.

I am pretty close to the stage where I need to decide if I am going to put up with it or not, as BMW technical are saying that it is normal. To say I am unhappy about the situation is an understatement having looked forward to my new 5 for so long.

I am of course the first to admit that I am really fussy about cars but expect a car with a list price of over ?39k ($78k (inc options)) to be something special.

I could go back to the supplying dealer and see if I could swop/ part exchange it for a 530d or perhaps 530i. Both would have to be M sport LCI models with a similar mileage. Obviously at this stage I don't know how receptive the dealer would be to this or how much it would cost.

My company have done a lot of business with this delear in the past year having bought 6no. 320d saloons plus my car of course. This must come to over ?150k ($300k).

Can anyone offer any advice please or just say what you would do in the circumstances.

Thanks,
Old 11-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='498465' date='Nov 24 2007, 08:31 AM
About 3 days after I got my 525d, I noticed a noise at around 1700 rpm, about which I have posted lots.

I am pretty close to the stage where I need to decide if I am going to put up with it or not, as BMW technical are saying that it is normal. To say I am unhappy about the situation is an understatement having looked forward to my new 5 for so long.

I am of course the first to admit that I am really fussy about cars but expect a car with a list price of over ?39k ($78k (inc options)) to be something special.

I could go back to the supplying dealer and see if I could swop/ part exchange it for a 530d or perhaps 530i. Both would have to be M sport LCI models with a similar mileage. Obviously at this stage I don't know how receptive the dealer would be to this or how much it would cost.

My company have done a lot of business with this delear in the past year having bought 6no. 320d saloons plus my car of course. This must come to over ?150k ($300k).

Can anyone offer any advice please or just say what you would do in the circumstances.

Thanks,

Sorry for you...nothing worse than troubles with a new vehicle that you have been looking so forward to owning/enjoying. Personally, I would continue to pursue either getitng it fixed or replaced. I know that if I didn't it would bother me every time I drove the car and I would end up with an unpleasent ownership experience and gettng rid of it before I normally would have. Can you take it to your dealer and have them ride with you, hear/feel the noise/vibe and then ride with them in another, identical model and see if it has the same symptom...if not there is no way they can deny your request to have the car fixed/replaced?

Good luck!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='498471' date='Nov 24 2007, 06:36 PM
Can you take it to your dealer and have them ride with you, hear/feel the noise/vibe and then ride with them in another, identical model and see if it has the same symptom...if not there is no way they can deny your request to have the car fixed/replaced?

Good luck!
I did all that and whilst my dealer says mine is louder than a demo 525d, they say that the BMW warranty guy test drove it and said it is normal. I am hoping that my dealer will therefore feel they have some obligation even though BMW do not.

Regards,
Old 11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='498485' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:00 PM
I did all that and whilst my dealer says mine is louder than a demo 525d, they say that the BMW warranty guy test drove it and said it is normal. I am hoping that my dealer will therefore feel they have some obligation even though BMW do not.
Just do not take no for an answer!

Take it to a other dealer, write to BMW UK and BMW AG, gather some opinions, facts etc...

May the Force be with You!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='498488' date='Nov 24 2007, 09:07 AM
Just do not take no for an answer!

Take it to a other dealer, write to BMW UK and BMW AG, gather some opinions, facts etc...

May the Force be with You!
+1 - I wouldn't stop at just one BMW person...I'd go all the way to the top!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

HotLap,

I know it's off topic,
but could you please send in some pics of your garage diamond...