E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What a palarva

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:50 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d msport
Default What a palarva

Left the obd plugged in for 2 days...came to it this morning...opened fine..turned over..no lights..nowt..car absolutely dead..ok no problem...new battery it is.
New Bosch bought from eurocarparts, old battery disconnected...toilet call...shut boot...u mug...its gonna be one of those days..ok...pop bonnet..connect jump leads to other car.
Nothing. Dead.
Breathing becoming heavy but still in control...check forums.
No key space in boot.
No boot release in footwell.
Ok...forced entry it is.
Hole cut behind armrest and spent the last 6 hours with no success fashioning tools caveman-style to work the leads back onto their points in the hope...the vague hope, that the battery wil suck enough power from a jump for me to be able to open the boot.

Backs killin, legs cramped, head shot.

1hr later...worked the leads next to, rather than on, connections heard the cd changer crankin...got my lad to press boot opener...success.

In a world full of technology y stil cant beat a wooden stick with a small metal shelf bracket taped to the end.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Bigtingzagwarn
Left the obd plugged in for 2 days...came to it this morning...opened fine..turned over..no lights..nowt..car absolutely dead..ok no problem...new battery it is.
New Bosch bought from eurocarparts, old battery disconnected...toilet call...shut boot...u mug...its gonna be one of those days..ok...pop bonnet..connect jump leads to other car.
Nothing. Dead.
Breathing becoming heavy but still in control...check forums.
No key space in boot.
No boot release in footwell.
Ok...forced entry it is.
Hole cut behind armrest and spent the last 6 hours with no success fashioning tools caveman-style to work the leads back onto their points in the hope...the vague hope, that the battery wil suck enough power from a jump for me to be able to open the boot.

Backs killin, legs cramped, head shot.

1hr later...worked the leads next to, rather than on, connections heard the cd changer crankin...got my lad to press boot opener...success.

In a world full of technology y stil cant beat a wooden stick with a small metal shelf bracket taped to the end.
Hell of an adventure. Glad you got it open!