E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a Lovely Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sun is shining on the UK today (for a change) and my obc just told me it was 20 degrees C

After a boring morning in the office I decided I had to get out and after picking up a coffee and sandwich from Starbucks I just spent a VERY nice hour blasting around some sunny, leafy country lanes.

There's a lot of talk about problems on the forum and also a lot of people with more powerful, faster cars than me. It's easy to get to thinking that you need more when you read about everyones 0-60 times, kills, dms'd 535d's and M's.

But .... a good blast in my 530d soon sorts that out.

The e60 handling is frankly superb - there is SO much grip and stability - and there is more than enough power for me in the 530d. In fact it is incredibly easy to get into trouble on the roads

I had a few go's at flooring it away from junctions in manual mode - thinking I would snick through the gears, but accelerating away from 30mph in 3rd the car just keeps pulling and pulling with no need to change up until 80mph (at which point I had to start thinking about slowing down anyway).

This is easily the fastest car I have ever owned (in reality a LOT faster than the 0-60 time implies) and it is a pleasure to drive.

Nice to just get out there and DRIVE the thing.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='280398' date='May 10 2006, 08:46 AM
Well said, sir.

Nothing better than a swift drive on a fine day.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='280398' date='May 10 2006, 02:46 PM
The sun is shining on the UK today (for a change) and my obc just told me it was 20 degrees C

After a boring morning in the office I decided I had to get out and after picking up a coffee and sandwich from Starbucks I just spent a VERY nice hour blasting around some sunny, leafy country lanes.

There's a lot of talk about problems on the forum and also a lot of people with more powerful, faster cars than me. It's easy to get to thinking that you need more when you read about everyones 0-60 times, kills, dms'd 535d's and M's.

The e60 handling is frankly superb - there is SO much grip and stability - and there is more than enough power for me in the 530d. In fact it is incredibly easy to get into trouble on the roads

I had a few go's at flooring it away from junctions in manual mode - thinking I would snick through the gears, but accelerating away from 30mph in 3rd the car just keeps pulling and pulling with no need to change up until 80mph (at which point I had to start thinking about slowing down anyway).

This is easily the fastest car I have ever owned (in reality a LOT faster than the 0-60 time implies) and it is a pleasure to drive.

Spot on mate!!

It never ends either, I got the 535d and the DMS and I am now looing at 997's and thinking...'hmm, what if....?'

Took the 5 out last night and had a blast about the backroads and thought 'nah, you'd be mad to swap it!'

I am going to run it till Feb/March next year and see about moving it on then, will have about 45k miles on and just over a years warrnaty left, and probably won't loose much more money either.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Very nice. I cant wait to go for a nice drive again.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Titanium Silver, Step, Black Interior, Sports Pkg.,CWP,Comfort Access, Nav, Premium Sound, Sat. Radio

Great note - makes me want to get out of the office and go for a drive!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525DSE Auto Olivin

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='280398' date='May 10 2006, 02:46 PM

Thats it I am off home to enjoy the sun and give the car some welly
Old 05-10-2006, 06:59 AM
Members

Thats the best part of my day! - the 1 hour drive home.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='280412' date='May 10 2006, 05:08 PM
Nothing better than a swift drive on a fine day.

Seems that the spring (like summer > 20 C) brings out the E60's overhere, too.

Must have seen more that 20 E60 in the Helsinki traffic today!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

An excellent post, Sir.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530Dse

Well said.... Went for a blast this afternoon while coming back to the office and loved it.. was reading 20 Degrees C here in sunny Liverpool

Quick Reply: What a Lovely Day