E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What kind of praise you ever received on your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by pukka' post='938439' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:45 AM
Except a girl who drives a hot BMW Motorcycle

Hahah true...
Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 SMG 545i silver grey metallic / bamboo anthracite / black leather CPO sport package premium sound park distance control cold weather package

I get a lot of people thinking mine is much newer than an 04. Just about everyone thinks its brand new, which causes some uneasy feelings towards me, but oh well.
I once had a girl ask if she could model over my car... I told her no because the car was dirty, then she asked if she could once i got it washed. I told her no again... She wasn't hot enough to pose with it. lol
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

No praises for me since BMW's are very common cars here.
But I did get a nice color comment a few times.

I drove to my sisters house in NC and totally different reaction here. People seem to stare at my car.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

I mainly just get stares. Being where im from, if your asian and driving ANY nice car, your considered a drug dealer...
But ohhhh well
If im not getting stares im getting compliments of my exhaust
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='938433' date='Jul 10 2009, 08:36 AM
I usually get the jaw drop face from guys with "WOW usually girls drive Honda's or Jetta's". ....Then they realize that I'm not like every other girl haha
Then from those who appreciate cars say "There is nothing like a girl who drives a hot bmw"...
Maybe i just havnt been paying attention but i actually thought that your profile was owned by a guy and that was just a picture of his gf or something.
Beautiful Car!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by tiangco.a' post='938526' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:10 AM
Maybe i just havnt been paying attention but i actually thought that your profile was owned by a guy and that was just a picture of his gf or something.
Beautiful Car!
Yep I'm a girl and thanks for the beautiful car comment!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Not enough there aren't very many mod enthusiasts around here. And those who are, drive Nissan 240SX's

One of the few guys that actually commented on my ride drove a Corvette He said he really liked my exhaust
Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

It's a 5, do you need praise? I just like the looks it gets.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

A couple weeks ago I stopped at the gas station and the attendant said over the loud-speaker "Silver BMW on pump 6, you're set to fill." (usually, they just say the number, like "pump 3, please pay in inside when finished, etc.")

When I went inside to pay, the guy said "that's a nice car. I don't get to say "BMW" over the microphone very often."

The fact that I made that guy's day made my afternoon.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Contributors

i get "wow that thing is clean" a lot.

the valet at the kennedy in tampa said to me "wow that thing is smooth" when he got out of it the other night

a friend once said to me "this thing moves"

one night i was in a bar here in the burbs of tampa. i had just gotten my car. i was wearing nice jeans, a button up and a sweater. i left the bar a little while later and 2 girls walked out behind me. as i walked over to my car, i heard one say to the other "he drives a bimmer" all excited like. they got into a white c class. in the burbs of tampa, nice cars are few and far between. it is mostly college kids and young middle class families.

well about 2 months later i saw the c class chick at the same place, and i went up to her and asked if she was the one that drove the c class. she didnt recognize me, but when i told her the story she laughed and remembered. turns out her friend she was with thought i was cute or whatever and liked the way i dressed, and apparently the c class girl told her friend "he probably drives a saturn" (it is common to dress nice and be poor as shit in the tampa burbs) so when the saw the bmw they were really surprised. not really a compliment, but a cool story related to my car.

Quick Reply: What kind of praise you ever received on your ride?