E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What the hell!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Now when I first saw this I started laughing... then I started to cry...that little black dot in the clear part of my tail light is a dead fly...now the logical question would be how did he get in there but the more important question is HOW THE HELL DO I GET HIM OUTTTTTT!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails What the hell!!!!-_cid__08_04_05_1912.jpg  
Old 08-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Senior Members

i suspect the dead insect problem is common. my last e46 has one inside the light cluster since day 1.
i read on another 3 series forum of members finding these 'imported bugs' there too.
in the end i did not get it ou,t since you will need to dissemble the entire light assembly.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

You should be able to get it out if you remove the tail light, which is quite easy. Just undo the trim panel in the trunk and I think that there are 5 nuts holding it in place. Just remove them and slide the assembly out. You can then remove the bulb and shake the fly out. Funny how it managed to die in there though...haha. Hope you get him out - or leave him in. It'll make you car unique - 1 fly power hahaha
Old 08-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Senior Members

I've had this problem before on cars. No need to take the whole light unit out though. Just take the bulb out then stick the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner (cylinder type cleaner with hose attachement required) over the hole the bulb goes into. If you get a reasonable seal around the hose and the light you will suck the little pest out in no time
Old 08-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hamann5' date='Aug 5 2005, 05:53 AM
Now when I first saw this I started laughing... then I started to cry...that little black dot in the clear part of my tail light is a dead fly...now the logical question would be how did he get in there but the more important question is HOW THE HELL DO I GET HIM OUTTTTTT!!!!!!
[snapback]156264[/snapback]

i've got a little dead fly in mine in almost the exact same location!!! i dont remember ticking that option on the list

might give the vacuum clean fix a whirl next time i'm cleaning the car.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Tourer - E34 M5 Race Car

send in a spider ?
Old 08-05-2005, 04:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Originally Posted by juliann' date='Aug 5 2005, 02:54 AM
send in a spider ?
[snapback]156291[/snapback]

Old 08-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

HOLEEEYY SHIZNIT MAAAAAAAAANNNN..

UNF*ggin BELIEVEABLE!! I JUST REMOVED A DAM DEAD AZZ SPIDER FROM MY LEFT TAILIGHT SIGNAL LASTNIGHT AND LET ME TELL YOU IT WAS A PITA AND IT PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH I DIDN"T HAVE TIME TO TAKE PICS AND POST IT. (I wanted to). LOL!

Sorry for the yelling but I was going to post pics of this too since it bugged (pun intended) the hell out of me. It's not easy, there's a clear plastic piece blocking that area where the bulb goes, so sticking a vacuum in there will not help you. Since there is a space about 1-2mm wide I had to PRY that biotch with a scredriver so that there was enough room. I had to take the whole tailight out to do this. Good thing is that taking the tailight out is pretty easy.

I was going to take that f'in spider out piece by piece if I had to, but it was not easy since there is no room to work. I had no choice but to push that plastic piece w/ a flat head scredriver.

Geniouses at BMW boy, let me tell you... at least they made the tailight easy to remove...bastards.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

True E60 debugging

Wish it could be this easy debugging iDrive
Old 08-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

I have a small spider that has colonlized the interior of my car.

Every morning when I get in there are fine threads of web between the rear-view mirror and the dash. I have tried using a high power vacuum cleaner in-and-around all the vents and other hidy-holes but the little blighter is still there !

I dont have any flies though !