E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Gives??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I don't know what gives with these TCU's, I was told back on March 22, 2007, that my TCU was due for an upgrade.....a third time, Wellllllllll ...its now June 1 and they still don't have it. I was told they are on backorder, .....well thats one hell of a back order now for 2 months. The SA said they are so bad that as fast as they make them they fail and a new design has to be thought of. To tell the truth I still don't know what the hell is wrong with them.....Oh they also have the Oxygen sensor from behind the cat on backorder, thats been about 5 weeks..........WHERE DID I GO WRONG???????
Old 06-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Mr 5er' post='431254' date='Jun 2 2007, 09:25 PM
I don't know what gives with these TCU's, I was told back on March 22, 2007, that my TCU was due for an upgrade.....a third time, Wellllllllll ...its now June 1 and they still don't have it. I was told they are on backorder, .....well thats one hell of a back order now for 2 months. The SA said they are so bad that as fast as they make them they fail and a new design has to be thought of. To tell the truth I still don't know what the hell is wrong with them.....Oh they also have the Oxygen sensor from behind the cat on backorder, thats been about 5 weeks..........WHERE DID I GO WRONG???????
I had 5 TCU Units installed in a 9 month period before they got it right. I know after the 4th one the SA told me that they couldn't change them on their own, that they had to get the OK from BMWNA to do so. To wait 3 months sounds like something is wrong at your dealer. Never did I have to wait more than a few days. IMO try a different dealer. In that 9 month period my BMW Assist, SOS, worked off and on so they gave me 6 months free time. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 06-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

my TCU failed too.. I get errors with BMW SOS and my bluetooth no longer pairs.. everytime I shutoff car i loose the information about the paired device!