E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is the forum thoughts on AFE COLD AIR INTAKES FOR OUR e60s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Ok this is how these threads always go down. Some troll (in this case one who already knows the answer) starts a BS thread in the hopes that he and his employer/sponsor will be able to incessantly and finally beat down the forum veterans by posting endless amounts of these same threads in the hopes that they will finally be sick of posting the SAME thing over and over. Then the vets (in this case) ECF call bullshit on em. Posts irriputable damaging evidence of their inferior product. The trolls wont post again in the thread. Then theyll wait 3 months and hope the vets die and try again.

Make this a sticky

Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by DRANGED
Great link as per your usual, T. Yes Jason Bruce of aFe, please, if you would be so kind to enlighten us. Although we already know the answer, don't we Jason?
Good to see u back asshole
Old 04-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Ok this is how these threads always go down. Some troll (in this case one who already knows the answer) starts a BS thread in the hopes that he and his employer/sponsor will be able to incessantly and finally beat down the forum veterans by posting endless amounts of these same threads in the hopes that they will finally be sick of posting the SAME thing over and over. Then the vets (in this case) ECF call bullshit on em. Posts irriputable damaging evidence of their inferior product. The trolls wont post again in the thread. Then theyll wait 3 months and hope the vets die and try again.

Make this a sticky

Lmaooooo
Old 04-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ProMed

_____

Dear Forum Members,

I bought the newest Mostly closed COLD AIR AFE INTAKE air box and filter from Bav Auto in December and other than for se reason my BLACK "O" ring was left off causing my MASU go wild and making my check engine light going off. It would not PASS GA emissions test untiI I replaced the MASS air unit, and it reset itself after 200 miles and my AFE unit seems ok, now it dont give the 24hp and better MPG It is sells BS thing like some vendors say it does. (WRONG!) Maybe 2 or 3 extra HP

Now for a show car with the hood open it look big and cool, and my big round air filter is fully enclosed once my hood is down and sounds a little louder that stock? Would I EVER purchase another one for another BMW probaly not, but now in April in the 76 - 80 degrees it doing ok, but I wonder how well it does in the 85 and 100 degree Hot sticky summer days here in Atlanta GA and I am still in the "Spring" test stages, anybody interested in the hot 90-100 degree air soak why Just ask me in July or August and I wll be more than happy to share my report of the truth of my findings of the AFE COLD AIR INTAKE with you, buy not as a vendor, but a BMW Owner just like you are.

Hope this helps!

Eddie aka Presley348. (loyal BNW e60 forum member since 2004)
Old 04-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ProMed
Are you referring to the newer AFE CAI or the older open style?

________

Not the older stand alond open style AFE unit with no heat protection, but the newer stage II three sided air filter box that totally surrounds the LARGE round AFE Filter with the hood when closed is acting as the TOP of the AFE Air Box. it looks well designed and so far, (having one install problem, ((NOT AFEs FAULT, I wish it was LOL)), but the fault of an experienced mechanic with our BMW E60s and he left the MAFS BLACK "O" ring off causing my check engine light soon going off, idrive settings going wild throwing out numbers I never heard off, and when it came time to pass an emmisions test it end up costing me $400.00 for BMW MASF UNIT AND installing by this time a certified Mechanic who wore latex gloves making sure NOTHING could get off his hands that could effect the intense BMW OEM MAF unit, but now in hot Atlanta Ga spring weather in the 70s and 80s it running good! Now is it worth the trouble of having it
Installed on Our hi tech BMWs for the small HP it has and it cool looks? NO I wished I would had left my stock air box and put in a K&N air filter and maybe researched the RPI rhoute but it's expensive also for two RPIs!

Hope this helps!!

Eddie aka Presley348