E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is the dumbest thing you have done in your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Alpine White 530i

after driving Auto Trans. for so long, i left my car on a hill with the e-brake slightly pulled and disregarded leaving it on first, As soon as i closed my door the car started rolling down the hill, i had to chase after it luckily there was no one behind, i manage to jump back in the car and hit the brake
Old 04-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium Package, Grey Leather, Rear Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
road head
And what is so dumb about that
Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

Bought it
Old 04-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Members

Last week. while waiting at the red light, blasting music out loud this VW jetta pulls right next to me looking hard, as soon as the light turns green he smashes the gas and so do i right after.

I get next to him than start pulling up about 1-2 cars, than all of a sudden i see him coming closely so fast until he passes me, at that moment i couldn't believe what was happening until i decided to look at the cluster to find out i was at 1st gear 7000 rpms(music too loud)which i completely forgot, thinking i was in automatic mode. He turned at the next light not giving me another chance and i was pretty embarrassed
Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Members

im not proud of saying this but i use to drink and drive in my bmw all the time run red lights burn outs. I recently got a dui for doing donuts super drunk. i went to jail that night and now im doing all kinds of programs. thats the worst think ive done.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:58 AM
New Members

Dumbest thing I've done in my E60? 97mph (157kph) in a 55mph (90kph) zone is pretty dumb, it gets your license suspended for 12-15 months and lands you in jail for 3 weeks.

I'm on my 5th month without a license, it sucks, hard.

Take it from me guys, drive hard and drive fast, but don't get caught.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by RCTrapdoor
Take it from me guys, drive hard and drive fast, but don't get caught.
yeah, this guy learned his lesson

NOOOOOT

Hey, I hear in Finland the fine is based on your income and assets. Is it the same in Norway? Or do they just throw you in the "slammer" for 3 weeks... btw here's a pic of Norwegian jail:

I've stayed in motels in America that are about a million times scarier! Pennsylvania, baby
Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian

NOOOOOT

Hey, I hear in Finland the fine is based on your income and assets. Is it the same in Norway? Or do they just throw you in the "slammer" for 3 weeks... btw here's a pic of Norwegian jail:

I've stayed in motels in America that are about a million times scarier! Pennsylvania, baby
The fines for drunk driving are based on income and assets, speeding is fines up to a point, and then jail.
I went so far over the speed limit that I won't be getting a fine at all, I'm going straight to jail.

The picture you linked to is a prison, not a jail, jail's are nowhere as comfortable.

Edit: I actually haven't heard from the cops since I got caught 11th December, so I'm done regretting what I did, now I'm just pissed off that they're postponing shit.
Yea, I've tried to get information out of them multiple times, but because I confessed in the police cruiser, they have up to 6 months to contact me with a court date etc.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

Originally Posted by v_therussian

NOOOOOT

Thats a very nice cell block look better then most NY motels
Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by 530la
im not proud of saying this but i use to drink and drive in my bmw all the time run red lights burn outs. I recently got a dui for doing donuts super drunk. i went to jail that night and now im doing all kinds of programs. thats the worst think ive done.
Getting caught for that was probably the best thing too. Imagine if you got caught doing that after you had hit another car and took their life. Think on the positive side.

Stupidest thing? Probably cutting off the wrong person on the road, and him actually trying to wreck my car because he was so pissed. I learned if I get cut off etc, not to respond to other drivers road rage.

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest thing you have done in your E60?