E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the dumbest thing you have done in your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this on other forums and sometimes the responses are hilarious. I will start.

-Driving fast in a unsafe area and had to slam on the brakes and the ABS kicked in and I ended up in someones lawn. One of the dumbest and stupidest things I have ever done. Never tried something like that again.

-A few months back I was trying to show off my E60 to some girls (LOL) and in my eagerness to rev in N I shifted in R by accident...if a car was behind me I would have just....

-At the gas station pulled into the wrong side and then the attendant comes over and tells me "Sir your tank is on the left side". Done this multiple times.

-Lost many screws and bolts when installing stuff into my car.

-Spilled a huge container of chicken tikkah (For a party) in my trunk. Took forever to clean.

-Installed the high beam bulb wrong....melted the bulb and part of the headlight.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Backed into a parked Toyota Land Cruiser Worse than that? I let my fiance pick the music
Attached Thumbnails What is the dumbest thing you have done in your E60?-glee.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Nothing, and would like to keep it that way
Old 04-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Senior Members

forgot to put the car into park after i turned the engine off... i thought my key was stuck in the ignition for 15 mins and almost called bmw to get my car towed
Old 04-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Backed into a tow hitch in front of a bunch of people and thought I ripped my entire rear bumper off... Thank goodness it was just a small dent to the bumper and a perfect round spot missing paint. Oh well, got the mtech now!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I once hung a wheel off a loading dock at Rogue Engineering. There was virtually no damage - just a little scuff on the side skirt - but my pride was definitely screwed hehe when the guys at Rogue had to take out the forklift to put the car back on solid ground... I almost crapped myself from shame... you live and you learn, eh
Old 04-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
-At the gas station pulled into the wrong side and then the attendant comes over and tells me "Sir your tank is on the left side". Done this multiple times.

Wait, your gas filler is on the left?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I saw this on other forums and sometimes the responses are hilarious. I will start.

-Driving fast in a unsafe area and had to slam on the brakes and the ABS kicked in and I ended up in someones lawn. One of the dumbest and stupidest things I have ever done. Never tried something like that again.

-A few months back I was trying to show off my E60 to some girls (LOL) and in my eagerness to rev in N I shifted in R by accident...if a car was behind me I would have just....

-Lost many screws and bolts when installing stuff into my car.

-Spilled a huge container of chicken tikkah (For a party) in my trunk. Took forever to clean.

-Installed the high beam bulb wrong....melted the bulb and part of the headlight.
This list is pretty funny hahahah

Stupidest thing I did in the E60....hmmm probably cut off a semi truck, swerve right into a turn lane and slam on the brakes to avoid going into the ditch.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

First, I was having sex at bus stop( not regular, and clock was about 11pm.) Anyway I had the car parked and my gf was leaning toward and had her feet on the ground and arms at the armrest( behind the shifter. ) Anyway when I was pulling her there I saw woman taking her dog out otherside of the car and looking real tight on us.. She was like 10 metres from us. Then we just pulled our pants on and I jumped behind the wheel and left there drifting hard ! It was winter so that was real slick getAway..

Second, It was same wintern and i started to bybass one car at the on the road where's 80km per hour speedlimit. I had my traction control off and it was slippery and my car went sideways from side to side. I had 100km/h speed and i was driftin like a maniac, i was lucky I kept my car on the road and i did not spin.. ''(Lots of driftin practise)''. I suggest everyone practise their driving skill expecially in wintern conditions.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Trying to break in my new Brake Pads ( 0-60, stop, 0-60, stop) when my tires had no thread left and road was wet,
Gf dropped entire Soda on the seat, dog hit hard the side window and car slid where we almost hit the light pole.

My Gf thinks its the stupidest thing I've ever done (which she blames this forum )

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest thing you have done in your E60?