E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What does the light poplar look like, Any photos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='418528' date='Apr 27 2007, 03:39 AM
Thanks. I think I like it...

Anyone have a similar shot (beige ventilated) with dark poplar?
Sure Rudy, I dont have a gallery. I am building these on the configurator.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='418585' date='Apr 27 2007, 07:36 AM
Sure Rudy, I dont have a gallery. I am building these on the configurator.
Here you go:
What does the light poplar look like, Any photos?-noname.jpg
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

As I suspected, the dark poplar looks better against the dark dash but the light looks better on the center console against the beige...

Both look good -- I can't decide for sure (although I'm leaning toward light...)

Thanks Hormazd!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Members

Ok, this is now the color combination I have chosen, i.e. monaco blue exterior, nasca beige leather interior, with light poplar wood trim.

Three other questions remain:

1. What is the default headliner that would come with this option?
2. If it is not anthracite, should I opt for the black anthracite headliner with the interior color combo?
3. Is the anthracite headliner color similar/identical to the black dashboard?

Thanks much for the opinions!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

I may be a lone dissenter here. I got the light poplar on my 550 (carbon black over creme beige) and in retrospect, I wish I had got the dark wood. I had thought that the light wood would be a great contrast with the black around the doors and dash, but the large swathe across the dash is really big and glossy. That glossiness doesn't come across in the pics or configurator and, IMHO, it just really blares out at you. I now think that the dark wood would have been a classier look.

I know this is all a matter of personal taste, but I wanted to pass along my experience.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='427320' date='May 22 2007, 07:30 PM
I may be a lone dissenter here. I got the light poplar on my 550 (carbon black over creme beige) and in retrospect, I wish I had got the dark wood. I had thought that the light wood would be a great contrast with the black around the doors and dash, but the large swathe across the dash is really big and glossy. That glossiness doesn't come across in the pics or configurator and, IMHO, it just really blares out at you. I now think that the dark wood would have been a classier look.

I know this is all a matter of personal taste, but I wanted to pass along my experience.
How do you think it would look with a beige interior? (Unfortunately, I have to (reluctantly) agree that the light wood may not have been the wisest choice with an all black interior.)
Old 05-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='427347' date='May 22 2007, 09:26 PM
How do you think it would look with a beige interior? (Unfortunately, I have to (reluctantly) agree that the light wood may not have been the wisest choice with an all black interior.)
Mine is a creme beige interior . . . so it's very close to beige. So my opinion would be the same. I'm not unhappy with it. In hindsight, I just think the darker wood would have been a better choice for me.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='427320' date='May 22 2007, 06:30 PM

You are not alone "Hink", I also have light poplar with creme beige interior. While this is a very nice combination, if I were doing it again.........I would get dark poplar, too. I also think the dark poplar is richer looking, more elegant.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by enelrojo' post='427352' date='May 23 2007, 03:48 AM
You are not alone "Hink", I also have light poplar with creme beige interior. While this is a very nice combination, if I were doing it again.........I would get dark poplar, too. I also think the dark poplar is richer looking, more elegant.
?
I agree. For me the dark poplar was always the more executive wood (looking) trim option, and the light poplar the sportier version to contrast with a dark interior. Maybe its just because that's how I've seen them used most.

(As a side note, I went for the Anthracite wood trim because IMHO it does not look like wood but still looks classy, I did not like the standard M-Sport pack Alu-cube trim and I was not prepared to pay for the Individual Piano black trim!)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Senior Members

Cool

Originally Posted by MadForPlaid' post='427307' date='May 22 2007, 05:12 PM
Ok, this is now the color combination I have chosen, i.e. monaco blue exterior, nasca beige leather interior, with light poplar wood trim.

Three other questions remain:

1. What is the default headliner that would come with this option?
2. If it is not anthracite, should I opt for the black anthracite headliner with the interior color combo?
3. Is the anthracite headliner color similar/identical to the black dashboard?

Thanks much for the opinions!
1Q > A: Cream headliner with biege/cream interior ( gray headliners for all other colors-brown,gray,black )
2Q > A: No ( Black headliner makes car look small interior, may look Odd and is waste of money)
3Q > A : Yes
Light poplar will contrast excellent with your combo

Quick Reply: What does the light poplar look like, Any photos?