E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What to do if you dont have factory XEON??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, cool website!

Just got a bmw 2004 525i and im tired of the ugly yellow rings, what can I do if I didnt have the factory xeon. I want the angle power but i feel like im screwd? Im wondering if anybody has gone through the same problem and has some suggestions??
Old 06-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I actually just bought the same year/model as you. I have the xenon kit, but I believe if you don't have xenon you can simply switch out the bulbs for the rings. There is a thread around here about it I was reading last week. I believe if you have xenon it is more expensive to upgrade the angel eyes. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm looking to possibly make them brighter as well.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Many upgrade kits available at various price points, Xenon is a must for me now. Regular lights are terrible compared to good Xenons.

Try Bavauto
Old 06-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2003 E60 530dA

I'm also very interested in this topic, and I'm based in the Netherlands. Tips anyone?
Old 06-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Freflyr' post='602110' date='Jun 13 2008, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, cool website!

Just got a bmw 2004 525i and im tired of the ugly yellow rings, what can I do if I didnt have the factory xeon. I want the angle power but i feel like im screwd? Im wondering if anybody has gone through the same problem and has some suggestions??
For those who don't have Xenon and want to upgrade their Angel Eye rings, PM pinghuk. If I remember correctly, he was able to help a couple of folks in the same situation.

For those who have Xenon, you have several choices, Predator, AngeliBright etc. There was a group buy going on here for the v3. Father's day special.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='602498' date='Jun 14 2008, 08:29 AM
For those who don't have Xenon and want to upgrade their Angel Eye rings, PM pinghuk. If I remember correctly, he was able to help a couple of folks in the same situation.

For those who have Xenon, you have several choices, Predator, AngeliBright etc. There was a group buy going on here for the v3. Father's day special.

i did some research...what i found was basically you can buy HID kit or H7 PIAA bulbs
for the rings i have no clue??

Wish i had extra money to just blow id replace the whole thing with the euro clear xeon headlights and add the anglebrights.....but im searching for the best subs...anyways if anybody gets anything new please PM or post
Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Members

There is this Xenon kit sold on ebay made just for E60's in the same year as your car. THe sell is based out of the UK and i contacted him in regards to him mailing me a kit in the USA. I have the same problem as you (bought a 06 525xi) and i want Xenon's BADLY!.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTEC-XENON-...sspagenameZWDVW

THis is an Mtec kit for HID's Im not sure if you are interested in this, but though i mite just put it out there for you...

Originally Posted by Freflyr' post='603479' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:30 AM
i did some research...what i found was basically you can buy HID kit or H7 PIAA bulbs

Wish i had extra money to just blow id replace the whole thing with the euro clear xeon headlights and add the anglebrights.....but im searching for the best subs...anyways if anybody gets anything new please PM or post
Old 06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Freflyr' post='603479' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:30 AM

PM E60.net member pinghuk about the rings.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='603822' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:50 PM
PM E60.net member pinghuk about the rings.

Frank,

I saw you were on the fence about the amber angle eyes, did you pull the trigger??? I need a geniue pig, so I am looking to you for your thoughts! I thought about getting the blue ones, but then I thought it was too "Fast and Furious", not to mention probably getting harrassed by the police. However, I really hate to spend $300 on just some white rings, especially when all the new models have bright white, so its either amber or white.

let me know, THX!

I'll be in the ATX on Lake Travis for the 4th, oh how I miss those days!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='603877' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:22 PM
Frank,

I saw you were on the fence about the amber angle eyes, did you pull the trigger??? I need a geniue pig, so I am looking to you for your thoughts! I thought about getting the blue ones, but then I thought it was too "Fast and Furious", not to mention probably getting harrassed by the police. However, I really hate to spend $300 on just some white rings, especially when all the new models have bright white, so its either amber or white.

let me know, THX!

I'll be in the ATX on Lake Travis for the 4th, oh how I miss those days!
*** sorry not to hijack the thread...

Hey Tyson,

I waited too long on the AIB v3. I was out of town on vacation. I was on the fence between Amber and White; leaning more on Amber since they matched the brows better and didn't get lost with the Xenon lights. I may wait on this mod. I still have several upgrades to complete.

Are you really going to be in Lake Travis for the 4th?

Quick Reply: What to do if you dont have factory XEON??