E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what to do if new car delivered with Dunlop RF

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone asked or switched brand new Dunlop RF when car was delivered at the dealer? Were they willing to make the switch with or without extra money being paid. What with the rock-hard ride, eventual noise and fast wear, why accept them in the first place. I would pay to get rid of them.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

You bought the car based on what you saw in the lot. It's not like they did a bait-and-switch on you. If you didn't like the tires, then don't buy the car.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Mar 25 2005, 04:15 PM
You bought the car based on what you saw in the lot.? It's not like they did a bait-and-switch on you.? If you didn't like the tires, then don't buy the car.
[snapback]106756[/snapback]
Agree,

Just go with them, Not everybody has had a problem and Dunlop may have fixed them. Worst case is, mid-way through the tire, you may get a replacement.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Guest_netjazz_*

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Mar 25 2005, 07:15 PM
You bought the car based on what you saw in the lot.? It's not like they did a bait-and-switch on you.? If you didn't like the tires, then don't buy the car.
[snapback]106756[/snapback]
Don't understand your response. The question was when the car is delivered to you. YOU assume "off the lot". I'm talking about off the boat from Germany. It"s a crap -shoot as to the brand you get. Where did you come up with bait & switch? How does that enter into it? There is no way off requesting or telling brand off tires you will get when car is built to your specs.
I currently have the Dunlop RF and the ride is rock hard. I run with the air pressure at the lowest possible on the tire chart which means they will wear-out even faster. I simply would not take delivery on them and take the gamble that Dunlop improved upon them. Instead I would pay the difference for another brand to the dealer while they are brand new upon delivery. I would even pay for the installation.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Guest_netjazz_*' date='Mar 25 2005, 05:59 PM
Instead I would pay the difference for another brand to the dealer while they are brand new upon delivery. I would even pay for the installation.
[snapback]106787[/snapback]
Then you might have a chance... if you just dont like them and want to switch the dealer will probably blow you off. I agree... I dont think I will run with run flats after these tires wear out. More expensive... rougher ride... I take the risk of a flat... but theres a spare so I hope its ok. (*knock on wood*)
Old 03-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by netjazz' date='Mar 25 2005, 06:18 PM
Has anyone asked or switched brand new Dunlop RF when car was delivered at the dealer? Were they willing to make the switch with or without extra money being paid. What with the rock-hard ride, eventual noise and fast wear, why accept them in the first place. I would pay to get rid of them.
[snapback]106734[/snapback]

I just got my car 3 days ago and it arrived with the Dunlop RF as well.... can't do nothing just hope for the best...
Old 03-26-2005, 10:23 AM
booze12

Hello,

I have an 04 545i with sport package. I have ~11.5 k miles and I brought it in for a noise when driving around 30-40mph. It turns out it's the Dunlop tires. The dealer said this is a known issue with certain dunlops and the tires need to be replaced. They are willing to pay for half the cost. They said that the new Dunlops have been fixed. Does anyone know if this is true?

thanks
-john
Old 03-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Members

Hi ,
I just took delivery of a 530D in Germany with M-Syling package - the car came off the production line 10 days ago. The tires are 225 Bridgestones and are also run flats. I hope that the problems have been solved - the first 100 kms have not been adverse - in any case, will let you know.
FW
Old 03-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Yes!
I negotiated this with my dealer. When the car arrives, they will take the RF's into stock & replace with brand new non RF's.

I have Bridgestone RF's on my 1 series, & they are very noisy on certain surfaces.

Especially since l have ordered the MSports pack, I am not willing to take the chance on RF's.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by flyinwild' date='Mar 26 2005, 01:41 PM
Hi ,
I just took delivery of a 530D in Germany with M-Syling package - the car came off the production line 10 days ago. The tires are 225 Bridgestones and are also run flats. I hope that the problems have been solved - the first 100 kms have not been adverse -? in any case, will let you know.
FW
[snapback]107031[/snapback]
Welcome to the forum and congratulations,flyinwild!

Quick Reply: what to do if new car delivered with Dunlop RF