E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is the craziest thing that happened to your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='719100' date='Nov 12 2008, 12:09 PM
You seem pretty calm about the 'minor nicks and scratches'...
Oh Trust I am Pissed but considering the damage that could have happened to what had happened i let it go because it could have been much worst he could of totaled my car and i only got it a couple of months ago but im going to get the M-tech kit soon so im going to repaint the car thats the only reason im ok... i mean its not noticeable unless your like 10 inches away from the car i'll take some pics and show you guys hopfully my camera died
Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Dont get me started... i went to bed one nite.. she was all clean and pretty.. i woke up to got to work and my car was gone... NOW THATS FU78EN CRAZY
Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='719264' date='Nov 12 2008, 03:04 PM
Dont get me started... i went to bed one nite.. she was all clean and pretty.. i woke up to got to work and my car was gone... NOW THATS FU78EN CRAZY
i saw your post before i hope someone that guy and he smashes his head into a wall that is really messed up! i mean we work hard for our cars and the things we put in them and for people to just disregard that is pure bull%*&*

I saw that you want the red M5 that thing is nice, but C'sBimmer said not sold here why is that?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

craziest.. well it happened to me when I was driving alpinewhite's e60 not my own

"looks too gangster man"
Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Members

I waz playin b ball at my buddies house back in august and completely seperated my achilies tendon.(left foot) there waz no way I waz leaving my bimmer anywhere. So I drove 3 miles home in my 04 545i....MANUAL!! Well with no calf muscle to press in the clutch I managed to work all three pedals with one foot. Drove 3 miles home on side streets, main streets, express way and made it all the way home. Pulled up in my driveway and had a brain fart. I waz in souch pain I forgot my left foot didn't work and pulled into my spot behind the house and couldn't stop and hit the f@$&in fence!!!! As soon as it happened all the pain left my foot....all my concerns turned to my car. Luckily it just had a few nicks on the bumper and cracked the licence plate holder. My wife waz pissed at the fact that's all I waz worried about sitting in the er waz my baby.....she's just jealous of the other woman in my life!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='719155' date='Nov 12 2008, 10:15 AM
i have a daily commute home to work from Lake Forest area to Long Beach back and forth...and about twice a year we do an out of town trip to Vegas...for those who have been on the 15, it's a strech where we can put the pedal to the metal, so on my way back out of nowhere i heard a crack on my windshield but didn't notice anything at first....the following day i saw a long dent, about 1inch long in the fron part of the hood (near the bmw logo) and towards the bottom of the winshield a pinky nail size crack...not to mention from my daily commute my front bumper is full of rock chips from the fwy - and my car is jet black. So maybe next year i'll take in to the shop to get sanded and repainted, anyone on OC/LA area recomend any?

MacoBMW4life,

I have a bodyshop in S. El Monte I can help you with your bumper PM me so I can give you my #
Old 11-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by rrnag30' post='719116' date='Nov 12 2008, 12:30 PM
close call, well i was changing my angle eye bulbs and scratched my big hands trying to place LED that stupid small hole. I'm 6'3 220lbs, the hole in the headlight casing is about 3 inches wide...not cool. ohhhhhhhhhhhh wait a sec. ok, so driving at around 730 am highway travel. traffic is getting thick so i decide that it is time to cut and weave to prevent getting caught in any type of bottle neck. so i end up getting stuck behind this B#@#$ cruising at like 65mph; all of a sudden i see this rock like thing the size of my fist, (see above for size reference), flying at me. of course i am about 4 feet behind this B*#$# who decided to run over a rock the size of Gibraltar. needless to say i managed to avoid contact with my front end, only to have it strike my side panel under the side mirror. The chip is about half an inch long and to the bone, i mean the bone...... well that day was a horrific experience for anyone who made contact with me.
The same exact thing happened to me today, I was going about 60 and this stupid jeep runs over a full plastic bottle of what looked like coke. It hit me right in the windshield. I was lucky, there was no crack.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Not really crazy but I had no idea you could open all the windows at once with the push of a button. My car was on the set of independent film I was in (the house we were at was supposably haunted and looked the part. Im standing talking to someone and all of a sudden in the distance I see my windows go down. Im like WTF. I went to shut them...again 10 mins later same thing happens. I seriously thought demons were messing with my car. It was really just being pressed down in my pocket. SOme guy told me I was hitting the button to do it and I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Titanium Silver/Black, 6-Sp Steptronic, Sport Package, HD Radio, Sirius, Premium Sound, GPS Nav, Cold Pkg, cell phone cradle, iPod through the AUX port 1976 Datsun 280Z, Charcoal/Black, 5-Sp Manual, A/C, American Mags, CD, Tom Tom 930 GPS (works better than the BMW!) and the rest is pretty much stock

Originally Posted by alexf9496' post='719117' date='Nov 12 2008, 01:30 PM
Timely post...

Had a road rage contact yesterday on the 91 freeway, westbound at Beach Blvd (for those in SoCal). Changed lanes and this dude appears RIGHT on my ass with his fuckin high beams on. Now I've been driving for 27 years and I ALWAYS check six before signaling and moving. So this assclown rolls his windows down and starts chewing me out. Well, my impulse control was missing that day, so I let him know he's #1 and sofa king wetarded. Not one of my prouder moments, but life goes on.
Try this procedure next time.....turn on your headlights and the next time he sticks his head out the window hit the windshield washer. The spray from the headlight washers is like Niagara.....
Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

my dumbass left the front passenger window open and that night there was a storm and the front and back right side was all wet!!!

I got lucky though no damage!!! (electrical)

Quick Reply: What is the craziest thing that happened to your E60?