E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the craziest thing that happened to your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

I was working on my laptop in the dinning room and i hear revving from the next door neighbor and his stretch limo backs up and crashes into my other neighbor's fence and then straight into his garage! More than 3/4 of the LIMO WAS IN THE HOUSE! at 12:00am thank god he wasn't hurt, But when he crashed there was a really loud bang and i thought he crashed into my car but thankfully he missed my car completely i mean there are minor nicks and scratches from the stucco flying off the garage face and its not that big of a deal because he had enough on his mind to deal with you know? well i lucky got away from major damage... anyone else have crazy stories?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

so far I cracked my license plate light's housing while replacing the bulb!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

You seem pretty calm about the 'minor nicks and scratches'...
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

close call, well i was changing my angle eye bulbs and scratched my big hands trying to place LED that stupid small hole. I'm 6'3 220lbs, the hole in the headlight casing is about 3 inches wide...not cool. ohhhhhhhhhhhh wait a sec. ok, so driving at around 730 am highway travel. traffic is getting thick so i decide that it is time to cut and weave to prevent getting caught in any type of bottle neck. so i end up getting stuck behind this B#@#$ cruising at like 65mph; all of a sudden i see this rock like thing the size of my fist, (see above for size reference), flying at me. of course i am about 4 feet behind this B*#$# who decided to run over a rock the size of Gibraltar. needless to say i managed to avoid contact with my front end, only to have it strike my side panel under the side mirror. The chip is about half an inch long and to the bone, i mean the bone...... well that day was a horrific experience for anyone who made contact with me.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Timely post...

Had a road rage contact yesterday on the 91 freeway, westbound at Beach Blvd (for those in SoCal). Changed lanes and this dude appears RIGHT on my ass with his fuckin high beams on. Now I've been driving for 27 years and I ALWAYS check six before signaling and moving. So this assclown rolls his windows down and starts chewing me out. Well, my impulse control was missing that day, so I let him know he's #1 and sofa king wetarded. Not one of my prouder moments, but life goes on.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by radz182' post='719099' date='Nov 12 2008, 07:07 PM
so far I cracked my license plate light's housing while replacing the bulb!
That's not funny, more close to impossible to do.

No auto shop in HS?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

Mine is similar to RRnag's...a week after purchasing, A good size rock pelts the front winshield right in the driver side line of site. Was so upset but luckily, the <1 inch crack patched up pretty nicely. Maybe something that wouldn't have bothered me a year or two into having the car, but seriously...1 WEEK!?!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

i have a daily commute home to work from Lake Forest area to Long Beach back and forth...and about twice a year we do an out of town trip to Vegas...for those who have been on the 15, it's a strech where we can put the pedal to the metal, so on my way back out of nowhere i heard a crack on my windshield but didn't notice anything at first....the following day i saw a long dent, about 1inch long in the fron part of the hood (near the bmw logo) and towards the bottom of the winshield a pinky nail size crack...not to mention from my daily commute my front bumper is full of rock chips from the fwy - and my car is jet black. So maybe next year i'll take in to the shop to get sanded and repainted, anyone on OC/LA area recomend any?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

This one may be off topic as it seems to be more about accidents, but the OP asked about "crazy" things, and I had something kinda crazy/funny happen. Anyway, I was in for a state inspection at the dealership in July, which they were really nice to do while I waited over my lunch hour. So, I'm in the waiting room making phone calls to work, my wife, even my mom called, which was a little odd. No, I'm not one of those loud phone jerks--the place was basically empty.

So, my SA comes in and tells me it's ready, I pay, and walk to my car. As I approach, the phone rings and I start talking only to realize the voice also was coming through my speakers. The Bluetooth had been picking up my calls the whole time! I was over 50-60 feet from my car, so I didn't think it was an issue. The mechanic whom had been doing my inspection just burst out laughing. I laughed too, but I just wanted to crawl under a rock. I mean, there's no telling what I said to so many different people!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='719172' date='Nov 12 2008, 02:41 PM
So, my SA comes in and tells me it's ready, I pay, and walk to my car. As I approach, the phone rings and I start talking only to realize the voice also was coming through my speakers. The Bluetooth had been picking up my calls the whole time! I was over 50-60 feet from my car, so I didn't think it was an issue. The mechanic whom had been doing my inspection just burst out laughing. I laughed too, but I just wanted to crawl under a rock. I mean, there's no telling what I said to so many different people!
LOL! at least you know your bluetooth in your car works !

Quick Reply: What is the craziest thing that happened to your E60?