E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what color ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezwing' date='Nov 16 2003, 08:57 AM
I am likely to go with a black interior on my soon to be ordered Silver Grey.

Anyone know of problems with black?
Actually you would be amazed how dirty the black interior can get. The only difference is that the stains and dirt that show up on black interiors are lighter stains/dirt etc. The way I figure if you clean the interior on a regular and frequent basis it should be fine regardless of the color.

As far as my personal opinion is concerned, I don't like black interiors. I like the interior design of most new cars (including and especially the E60), and I feel that a black interior just kills the whole design. It hides all the details and lines of the design. It makes the lines of the interior (door panels, seats, etc.) all blend together and hide the NEW design and makes it look old, whereas with lighter colors (gray, beige, even auburn) you see all the design details. For those people who don't like the design of the E60's interior black may be the ideal color because it will hide the design elements. But for me I'll try to order the Truffle Brown, and if BMW NA does not allow it I will switch to Gray.

Just my opinion.

rodybmw
Old 11-17-2003, 03:58 PM

rodybmw,
the auburn option has the auburn leather on the seating sections, sides, head rest area of the seats and a central island section of the door.
All else, the rear part of front seats, rest of the door, carpet, underside and top of cockpit is black....

my assumption was that for the truffle brown option, one simply replaces the auburn leather area with the truffle brown leather.....everything else stays black.

but acco' to your picture, a good part of the door, carpets, cockpit top/under is all truffle...
i'm confused now.

i wonder if taking a look at an X5 in truffle brown provides any indication.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:49 PM

Per the German brochure, Truffle Brown (LCTE) leather comes as pictured except the top of the dash is black. The upholstery, carpeting, door panels, etc. all match. The arm rests and center-console top are black.

I had a look at the X5, that scheme more closely follows the E60 Aburn in that the carpets are black.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:04 AM

it is confusing, i think the E46 (3series) as well as the X5 have the black capet etc.
unlike the pics and german refr of the E60 which indicate (an (almost) all truffle.
makes it hard to actually get a feel of what to expect prior to ordering.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:16 AM

Talking

im getting the titanium-silver with black leather and the 18" wheels...looks the biz!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Members

Silver Gray is my favorite; with the black leather.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Contributors

Silver Gray - antracite trim - black leather
Old 11-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 18 2003, 12:04 PM
it is confusing, i think the E46 (3series) as well as the X5 have the black capet etc.
unlike the pics and german refr of the E60 which indicate (an (almost) all truffle.
makes it hard to actually get a feel of what to expect prior to ordering.
Yes, it is almost all Truffle Brown except center and door armrest top surfaces, and the dash. I think the easiest way to visualize it is to think of the Beige or Gray interior and then visualize it with black armrests. Well.....actually with the Gray Interior the dash is not black-it's a darker gray that they call "Basalt Gray". I wish they had done that with all the colors where the dash would be a different shade of the leather color instead of black (some pictures of pre-production E60's show a variation of this). I have always liked Gray interiors and have had three BMW's in the last ten years with Gray interiors-also the dash being Gray instead of Black is a big plus for me. However, for the same reason (having already had three cars with Gray interior) I am looking for a change. Out of all the E60 interior colors that I could choose (other than Gray) I like the Truffle Brown and the Auburn, but I don't like the excessive use of Black in the Auburn Interior, especially in the back of the front seats and the center console and carpets. If it weren't for that I like the color of the Auburn leather itself, and even the black parts of the doors are OK with me. So that leaves me with trying to order Truffle Brown as my first choice and Gray as my second choice. Since I am still probably nine months away from even placing an order I may change my mind still. Maybe if I see an X5 with the Truffle Brown Interior I would not like it (up to now I have only seen the small leather sample for the X5, but not the complete interior done in Truffle Brown). Also if I see more Auburn E60's I may change my mind and grow to like it (including the Black sections). But at the present it's still Truffle Brown first, and Gray second.

rodybmw
Old 11-18-2003, 05:06 PM

thx for replying rodybmw.
i have seen the auburn in he flesh and advise you to have any significant family member see it as well. it is a brand new american football like color (rust/orangy)
the leather looks less nice as new but it may age quite well.
i also think it will look too busy in anything other than a black exterior.

that is why i was keen on considering the truffle brown (instead of auburn)
to move away from an all black interior. i want dark carpeting etc but don't mind
a leather that is somewhat better to scuffs etc than beige, so what i saw on the 3/X5 got me interested.

unfortunately BMWNA Individual is only offering the truffle brown leather/cloth option on the E60 hence ruled out for me.

given you are far from ordering, you'll have ample oppurtunity to see them all in the flesh, but don't expect changes for 05 colours.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Guest_SWEET 5

Originally Posted by ezwing' date='Nov 16 2003, 08:57 AM
I test drove my first BMW ever yesterday. A real thrill.

One thing, the beige interior was already getting dirty with only 1,000 miles on the car. I am likely to go with a black interior on my soon to be ordered Silver Grey.

Anyone know of problems with black?
I believe that is an excellent choice! I'm also looking at Tit Gray with black interior.

Quick Reply: what color ?