E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What´s the deal with squeeking doors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reine' date='May 5 2004, 03:56 AM
Yes, Mr Cap has done my car, but they assured me that thay don't use any silicon based coating.
They probably didn't put anything directly on your window but when they treated your paint, rubber moulding, etc, some material most likely got on your window.

Any good non-silicon window cleaner/polish/wax would probably solve the problem.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 535d silver grey, night vision, comfort access, pro nav, HUD, Logic 7, M-sport

Hello,
It seems to work.. I haven?t heard a sound from the Doors/windows since yesterday morning... I really hope this continues...

Take care

Lars
Old 05-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Members

Hello Lars,

did you hear any sound from your doors/windows since the last two weeks ?
I have the same problem with my car, but the dealer here in austria is not able to help me.
Can you explain me in detail where they wiped the edges of your doors?

Thanks

Best regards

Alex
Old 05-19-2004, 04:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 535d silver grey, night vision, comfort access, pro nav, HUD, Logic 7, M-sport

Hi,
I?m sorry to say that it has come back.... But now i was told that BMW has come up with a permanent solution... It is not yet available here in sweden though..(it will be within a few weeks) I have to go back to get it fixed temporarily until the new solution is available.
I?m sorry but i can not tell you exactly what they did, i didn?t actually see him doing it. Your dealer should know about it - it is a known problem and BMW have even sent memos to their dealers throughout europe about it. If you want more info i suggest you contact BMW in Gothenburg 004631 7061300. They know about this! The name of the guy who did my car is Ulf (don?t know his last name) You could also try with Peter Jurgensen. He was the one who told me about the "new permanent solution" He got a memo about it two days ago!
If i hear anything i will post it here!

Good luck!

Lars
Old 05-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

The squeeky driver seat is probly the seat belt rubbing on the side of it when you drive the next time hold onto the seat belt buckle and the noise will probly go away took me a while to figure this one out i thought it was the arm rest the shifter only to find it was the seat belt buckle let me know if it is your problem also 555
Old 05-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Members

lunne

I got mine fixed last week and I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe becuse it hasn't rained since I got the car back?

I'm very interested to hear what the 'permanent' solution is, keep us posted.

Best regards,
Reine
Old 05-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

I?m also very interested in the solution to this problem!

The squeeking of my doors stopped for a while but then came back again.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Senior Members

Hmm

My squeaky window/door (all four) never came back after the last visit to the dealer's shop. Try and open your windows just a small bit and see if the squeaks will go away? And before my fix, the squeaks usually disappear when it was raining!

Bunbun
Old 05-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Members

Just to let You know:

Washed my car yesterday and now the squeaking is back with a vengeance. I
really hope that BMW can solve this issue, cause it's very annoying..

//Reine
Old 07-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Patrik

Hi guys. Got this problem with the squeeking doors as well. My dealer say they now have another lubricant that should be applied after you have cleaned the door seals. Is this the permanent solution you guys where talking about earlier??

Quick Reply: What´s the deal with squeeking doors?