E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What´s the deal with squeeking doors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone been using small rodents to clean off sticky glue....

sorry guys - there was just a spooky parallel thread thing going on - I know it's serious.

jonboy
Old 05-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 535d silver grey, night vision, comfort access, pro nav, HUD, Logic 7, M-sport

Originally Posted by Reine' date='May 1 2004, 02:45 AM
Bunbun

Exactly, the noise goes away when the windows are rolled down. It would be much appreciated if You could get information of what they did to solve this problem. BMW Sweden has a solution, but I don't think this solves the problem as the fix is to clean the doors with some special silicon remover (as I haven?t used any silicon on my car).
Reine,
Did you leave your car to Mr Cap? ( a car recondition company, supposed to protect the car by treating it with something called "formula U") I didn?t have any noises whatsoever the first three days and then i left it at Mr cap in Gothenburg and when i collected it there today i had the noise from all four windows. I pretty sure Mr cap treats the windows with some kind of silicone, so in my case it seems obvious that that is the problem, at least i hope so...

Lars
Old 05-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Whats up with the squeeky driver's seat too? You guys hear that when you accelerate or stop? Gotta listen for it with the radio down.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Members

Lunne

Yes, Mr Cap has done my car, but they assured me that thay don't use any silicon based coating. Talked to my dealer today and they have successfully 'cured' another car with the same problem, can't wait to get mine fixed..

Old 05-05-2004, 05:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 535d silver grey, night vision, comfort access, pro nav, HUD, Logic 7, M-sport

Reine,
Ok, but still my problems started the very minute i drove out from Mr Cap so it has to have something to do with what they did... Anyway, I spoke to my dealer today and they said it was easy to fix...? Let?s hope he?s right!

take care!
Lars
Old 05-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Please get back with info on what the fix is.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Members

Hi everybody,
Now i?ve been to BMW Gothenburg this morning. They knew all about this and they fixed it right away. It took 2 mins... All they did was to wipe the edges of the door (not the windows) with a silicone remover of some kind.
The explanation is that there seems to be some paint residue left which, kombined with silicone or similar, reacts by making this noise... Sounds weird to me but....?

The reason the sound goes away when you roll down the windows is that the window presses the door inward when you roll them up completely and thereby increases the pressure of the doors toward the body of the car.
Also wet weather seems to take away the effect.(anyone understand any of this?? Sorry, it?s hard enough to explain this in swedish...)

Anyway, it seems to work!! But i think i?ll wait a while until i?ve been able to drive the car in dry weather a little longer. (it rained this morning so i?m not convinced yet....)

Good luck everybody!
Lars
Old 05-06-2004, 01:01 AM
Contributors

I had a 330 Cic thad did this...it too was silicone residue on the seals...cured it with zymol wax (no silicone in it)
Old 05-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Members

lunne,

Exactly the explanation I got! My car is going in on Monday next week and I'll be back with the result as soon as possible. My problem is that the dealer has changed all seals on all four doors in hope that this would solve the problem. Doing this they scratched panels and mounted the seals wrong wich they now have to correct.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Guest_Micsor/dk

Originally Posted by 555' date='May 4 2004, 09:40 PM
Whats up with the squeeky driver's seat too?? You guys hear that when you accelerate or stop?? Gotta listen for it with the radio down.
Hi,

I have also the squeeky windows and the squeeky seats (both driver and passenger). The seats are being fixed with some sort of new frame. What they have planed for the windows I don?t know, but reading the posts it sounds like its something thats easy to fix.

All the best and still happy with the E60,

Michael, Malm?.

Quick Reply: What´s the deal with squeeking doors?