E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well i finally got it

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530D SPORT MEDIA PACKAGE, SITTING ON 19'S

well guys i finanlly got my mits on my new car a 530d sport with all the toys i have to say what a remarkable car i am so impressed that i cant begin to tell you.

picked the car up on thursday was loving it coudnt get over my luck at what i had just purchased went to get my car washed on saterday and thats where diaster struck was waiting in the cue and all of a sudden a gust of wind blew hard kicking the steel gate back and damaging my rear quater panel to sayi was not to pleased

now i have to fix the car as the car wash are saying that its was a act of god (can u belive it) they have been ever so helpful in the past but now as there are new owners are in they are saying that it was not there fault anyway the car is booked in on friday to sort it out ?650 quid worth of damage to fix i just cant get over my bad luck my heart is broken when looking at it and i cant just leave it till later i need it fixed

i thought i would tell you all my story
Old 02-27-2006, 04:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DON -V-' post='246610' date='Feb 27 2006, 12:52 PM
well guys i finanlly got my mits on my new car a 530d sport with all the toys i have to say what a remarkable car i am so impressed that i cant begin to tell you.

picked the car up on thursday was loving it coudnt get over my luck at what i had just purchased went to get my car washed on saterday and thats where diaster struck was waiting in the cue and all of a sudden a gust of wind blew hard kicking the steel gate back and damaging my rear quater panel to sayi was not to pleased

now i have to fix the car as the car wash are saying that its was a act of god (can u belive it) they have been ever so helpful in the past but now as there are new owners are in they are saying that it was not there fault anyway the car is booked in on friday to sort it out ?650 quid worth of damage to fix i just cant get over my bad luck my heart is broken when looking at it and i cant just leave it till later i need it fixed

I would consult a solicitor and/or your insurer... I would of thought the garage would have some form of liability insurance? If not you can still pursue?

I'm no expert on this! Do they have a sign up refuting claims on 'their' property?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DON -V-' post='246610' date='Feb 27 2006, 01:52 PM

Right, no liability if tempest winds. But if the gust was less then 100 kmph, it's not an act of god ! Then the gate was not fixed & the liability of the owner of the car wash is engaged. His insurance must pay for the damage.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by OliverB' post='246616' date='Feb 27 2006, 01:37 PM
Right, no liability if tempest winds. But if the gust was less then 100 kmph, it's not an act of god ! Then the gate was not fixed & the liability of the owner of the car wash is engaged. His insurance must pay for the damage.
Agreed - the owners of the property have a legal obligation to keep it in a safe condition. Imagine if the gate had hit a child and not a car - you can bet someone would be getting sued then.

'Act of god' is an overused insurance term NOT an excuse for negligence.

Bummer though - hope it get's fixed soon.