E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Well I 'F' uped

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Judging by the look of it, you did not have the splash guard on? I do not keep mine on either that way I can see spot leaks or what not. Plus more cold air to the engine block while on the freeway.
It should hold up fine if welded correctly. The part is aluminum so make sure it was welded with the right materials and personally, i would not grind it down just leave the full weld in tact.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Actually, and currently, I do have the splash shield off as I am trying to trace down all the oil leaks. But if you take a look at my splash shield it has the hole when the sway bar bracket made its way thru and hit pavement
Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by healthservices
Actually, and currently, I do have the splash shield off as I am trying to trace down all the oil leaks. But if you take a look at my splash shield it has the hole when the sway bar bracket made its way thru and hit pavement
wow so ripped through the splash guard shield and scraped the aluminum up like that? Then I'd definitely say that this is what caused the mount to break. leaking is normal. It's a part of driving every car. Just go into any parking garage and you'll see stains all in the same place.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
wow so ripped through the splash guard shield and scraped the aluminum up like that? Then I'd definitely say that this is what caused the mount to break. leaking is normal. It's a part of driving every car. Just go into any parking garage and you'll see stains all in the same place.
Yeah maybe for German cars (I wonder if they are the ones who invented these diapers to hide their leaks), then again our E500 does not leak and its beyond 100k. I just did a service on a 130k Toyota Sequoia 2003 and it did not have one leak, It did need a couple of O2 sensors at that mileage though.

Oh boy does the front end feel so tight with a active sway bar that actually works!