E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, it had to happen!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Well guys! $363 for a new tire and i think it was $45 to mount and balance.

Also, I found out my front passenger side rim is bent. $450 to replace it. Should I do it? Can the rim be fixed instead? I need to call them back by 2 PM EST. Now I'm driving an enterprise Ford Exploder.

Man!!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:04 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lomag, they should be able to straighten the wheel at about half that. I would go for the straightening since it wasn't bad enuf to get your attention. Explorer -- too bad. I'm in my 18th day with a Jet Black X3. I've got it glistening.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Lomag,

Sorry didn't see this thread earlier, for a good tire shop in Central NJ, check out Friedman Tire on Rt. 27 in Edison (near Plainfield Ave). They have the same road-force balancing equipment that the stealer has, the owner knows what he's talking about and most of the time they'll match TireRack pricing. Balance and mount is about $25 there.

As for fixing rims, you might want to talk to Doug at
Hubcap Tire & Wheel of N J
782 Us Highway 1, North Brunswick, NJ 08902
(732) 846-8352

He fixed a few wheels for me. For small bends he charges $75, I think. Otherwise there check out these two sites:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/wheelrepair/
http://www.fixrim.com

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I went ahead and just got the new rim from the dealer. I'll save the old one and if this happens again I'll get the old one fixed. Probably a good 8-900 bucks. Not sure if i'll go to the dealer again for future tire problems. Anyone know where to buy tire insurance?

So Rudy to answer your questions.. the run flats are loud as all hell when flat. Other than that they ride well almost like a normal tire would.

Here's two pics below. You can barely make out that the tire is flat, but it is.

PS. The retail parts guy said my wooden pieces just came in this morning. When I pickup my car tommorrow I'll see what we got. (and another 100+ bucks) aaaahhhhh!! Bad timing!

Well, it had to happen!-117_1796.jpg

And then the problem, the cut..

Well, it had to happen!-cut.jpg
Old 10-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Senior Members

Being on the road is dangerous.

If you can't see a wheel is bent, is the only way to take the wheel off and attempt to have it balanced?