E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well it finnaly happened.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was driving with a couple friends to meet a bunch of people at the movies and suddenly Stability Control, Transmission and Brake Assist faults clutter my iDrive screen and dash. My transmission was jerking and clunking with each shift and I could feel my power steering go out. I knew exactly what was going on because I had read about these symptoms on the forum. I was expecting the engine to stall but luckily I was exactly where I wanted to go so I pull to the parking lot, put it in park (the car slammed into park), turn off the car, hoping to be able to turn it back on but my battery is also dead. So I am gonna get the towed after the movie.

I am really glad my car died right there where I wanted to go and not on the highway where I had been only 2 minutes before . I knew this was gonna happen at some point but not at a mere 35k miles... CPO FTW!!

Thanks

-Krozi
Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='940373' date='Jul 12 2009, 08:36 PM
So I was driving with a couple friends to meet a bunch of people at the movies and suddenly Stability Control, Transmission and Brake Assist faults clutter my iDrive screen and dash. My transmission was jerking and clunking with each shift and I could feel my power steering go out. I knew exactly what was going on because I had read about these symptoms on the forum. I was expecting the engine to stall but luckily I was exactly where I wanted to go so I pull to the parking lot, put it in park (the car slammed into park), turn off the car, hoping to be able to turn it back on but my battery is also dead. So I am gonna get the towed after the movie.

I am really glad my car died right there where I wanted to go and not on the highway where I had been only 2 minutes before . I knew this was gonna happen at some point but not at a mere 35k miles... CPO FTW!!

Thanks

-Krozi
that sucks but atleast it will be covered!! good luck getting it fixed and back to you in no time!!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Contributors

you again are proven to be a lucky kid! with my luck, my car would break down in the middle of nowhere in front of a haunted cemetary in a thunderstorm in the middle of the night with no cell phone coverage, while i am by myself.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

o great another thing to look out for, first battery issues now possibly alternator. i recently got the passenger restraint failure, wonderful. Best of luck with your situation.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Thanks guys

I got the car started after the movie and let it idle for a few minutes. Seemed to run fine so I drove home

Gonna bring the car to the dealer tomorrow
Old 07-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='940452' date='Jul 13 2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks guys

I got the car started after the movie and let it idle for a few minutes. Seemed to run fine so I drove home

Gonna bring the car to the dealer tomorrow
again..you're way too lucky!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='940398' date='Jul 12 2009, 10:36 PM
you again are proven to be a lucky kid! with my luck, my car would break down in the middle of nowhere in front of a haunted cemetary in a thunderstorm in the middle of the night with no cell phone coverage, while i am by myself.
lol...i almost feel the same way craig!

Krozi, let us know hot it goes at the dealer. I havn't had problems (knock on wood) but it seems like a few here have had the same type of issue within recent months. GL!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

whoa... 35k and your alternator is going out? my buddy (on this forum as well) had some issue with his power... turned out to be a short from some wire up in the front. n e ways, good stuff on the cpo... and seriously phenominal timing. I would have been accelerating on a rising bridge being chased by those freaks from "i am legend" if that would have been me!! thank goodness for security edition. lmao
Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Well, just dropped off the car at the dealer, let's see how it goes
Old 07-14-2009, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i AW - every option

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='940967' date='Jul 13 2009, 02:37 PM
Well, just dropped off the car at the dealer, let's see how it goes

Well since you're covered, tell them to change your battery also. The two were linked in finding my solution to this same problem.
You're saving a total of 1500 bucks right now.

Quick Reply: Well it finnaly happened.