E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The weirdest thing happens, windows open by themselves.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i Silver - E60

The weirdest thing happens to my 08 535i. Yesterday, I went to the mall. When I got back to my car, the driver side window was completely open. I tested it, the locked alert beep comes out when the window is OPEN!!!
Then this morning, my roommate told me that, the windows are open again. I went out, and saw all the four windows were half open!!!!WTF?????!!!!!!
Does anyone have any clue, what is this problem????? SO WEIRD!!!!!
Thank you!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I think you have something wrong with your computer and keyboard too. For some reason your post came out in a really obnoxious blue with giant font size.

Now about the windows... try this. With your windows up, use your key fob and press in and hold down the unlock button and keep it pressed for a few seconds. The windows should go down. Is it possible your key fob is getting pressed while in your pocket?

Some people get out to their car and find their trunk open because of this!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I think you have something wrong with your computer and keyboard too. For some reason your post came out in a really obnoxious blue with giant font size.

Now about the windows... try this. With your windows up, use your key fob and press in and hold down the unlock button and keep it pressed for a few seconds. The windows should go down. Is it possible your key fob is getting pressed while in your pocket?

Some people get out to their car and find their trunk open because of this!
+1

as for the window issue, same thing happened to me couple weeks ago and it turned out my daughter was pressing the "nice looking button" on my key fob. Well either that or you have a bad window switch with a mind of its own.

GL
Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i Silver - E60

Thanks guys!
Sorry about that blue...I don't get used to ready small print in forums...

I didn't know that key has such fuction. I guess I just didn't read through the user manual.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

I had this happen to me once (all windows open and sunroof open) when I first got my car but I realized my unlock button is easy to push and my other keys must have kept the button down while sitting with the keyfob in my pocket. Now I make a habit of removing the fob from my pocket when necessary. No problem since. Hope thats your only problem.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by NoQuarter

Now about the windows...
Hahaha not sure why but this had me rolling.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by epilithic
Hahaha not sure why but this had me rolling.

I'm glad louisrai took it graciously. Good sport!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
I had this happen to me once (all windows open and sunroof open) when I first got my car but I realized my unlock button is easy to push and my other keys must have kept the button down while sitting with the keyfob in my pocket. Now I make a habit of removing the fob from my pocket when necessary. No problem since. Hope thats your only problem.
+ 1 ... I immediately bought a leather fob cover and it's never happened again!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Yes. Definitely get a key cover.

Cheap protection from accidentally leaving your windows and sunroof open, especially from rain and snow!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

It happened to me too and the bad part was it just wasn't a nice beautiful day when it happen, a thunderstorm came through and all four windows were completely down and the sunroof was opened about 30% The sunroof was the clue that told me this was my fault. Car eventually dried out and all is ok!

Quick Reply: The weirdest thing happens, windows open by themselves.