E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water blows out of AC AND low coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a low coolant notice about 6 months ago, took it in and there was a leak and they *fixed* it. got one 3 months later, filled up the reservoir with water warning went away. no signs of any leakage at all on the ground or if i open the hood and look around.

about a month after the filling up, water started blowing out of my AC when it started a little. no smell or taste...i think it's just water. last month that problem went away. last week i get the "low coolant" warning again, fill up the reservoir and immediately the AC starts blowing water out again.

i wouldn't have thought the two were related at all, but it sure seems like it is. can anyone help me with this?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

bueller?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium Package, Grey Leather, Rear Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i got a low coolant notice about 6 months ago, took it in and there was a leak and they *fixed* it. got one 3 months later, filled up the reservoir with water warning went away. no signs of any leakage at all on the ground or if i open the hood and look around.

about a month after the filling up, water started blowing out of my AC when it started a little. no smell or taste...i think it's just water. last month that problem went away. last week i get the "low coolant" warning again, fill up the reservoir and immediately the AC starts blowing water out again.

i wouldn't have thought the two were related at all, but it sure seems like it is. can anyone help me with this?
Any chance the coolant is leaking into the passenger side footwell? Had the same problem with my Jeep and it was the heater core. Water vapor was blowing out of the air vents and I finally found the coolant leak under the floor mat.