E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Warning: Version 14/software updates

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

i'd believe that its doable .... when i had my mkIV jetta ('02) there was a bunch of people who did it ... they just ordered the parts from europe & made it work. generally its more costly than anything ... and at that point i'm sure BMW will give you shit for having done it in regards to your warranty.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

and BTW..... this year ('05) even the A4 has the option for power folding mirrors.

A4 Platform:
1.8t - NA
3.0 - Option

A6 Platform:
3.2 - Option
4.2 - Standard

A8 Platform:
4.2 - Standard
4.2L - Standard
W12 - Standard
Old 11-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 20 2004, 12:45 AM
Still need to play around with it a little.
My car got upgraded from 11, so it's kinda hart to tell what new features are version 14 or maybe earlier...
I can now switch to mpg US and U, before it was mpg only and didn't showed which one...
The home icon in nav is there, but that's not new in 14...
bad thing is, the start up and shut down procedurte takes about double as long...
I've lost the rear seat heaters... hope the dealer will fix this asap...
gas pedal response seems to be worse...
my cd now pauses when I mute... again, no 14 improvement - earlier allready...
the key now remembers the seat memory... also earlier than 14...
I need to play with the idrive a bit to find out what the new feastures are. So far I don't remember seeing any really new things in there...
keep you guys updated...

Oh yeah, mentioned earlier...
FTM is too sensitive, dealer gave me a heads-up, that it might create false alarms and then needs to be re-initialized by the driver.
It'll be fixed with 15, what BMW is releasing soon - according to my dealers tech...
[snapback]58236[/snapback]
Iceman,
welcome back.
While you were away, I had confirmed with my chief mechanic what version my 545i was running, since I was starting to doubt that v14 was in fact on my car, when I picked it up a few weeks back. He re-confirmed that in fact that was the version installed, he also double-checked on the PDI card. I gotta take his word for it I guess.

FYI,
Regarding the startup - can't compare with a previous version - but on my car
startup takes exactly 17 sec. from the moment the key is turned to position 1. and if music was playing when I shut down previously, takes another 4 sec. to start playing.
Shutdown takes 4 sec. from the moment key is turned to 0 postion.
Not sure how that compares to you....

The rest of the indications I have as well.

Gas response, can't tell, nothing to compare with, seems OK to me. Only the gear
changes take a sec or so in Manual mode. That's the only slow thing on the car at the moment.

I had a false alarm on the FTM, but this was on the day I changed to 17" winter setup...initialised...and since then stable.

Generally i-drive very stable. Not one hang or reboot to date. ( touch wood )

Not sure what's the story with the rear seats...hope it's sorted out for you.

Looking foward to some more info and pics from the rest of the upgrades!!

Andy.

PS. Are you also changing to winter setup?
Old 11-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Nov 20 2004, 08:03 PM
Iceman,
welcome back.
While you were away, I had confirmed with my chief mechanic what version my 545i was running, since I was starting to doubt that v14 was in fact on my car, when I picked it up a few weeks back. He re-confirmed that in fact that was the version installed, he also double-checked on the PDI card. I gotta take his word for it I guess.

FYI,
Regarding the startup - can't compare with a previous version - but on my car
startup takes exactly 17 sec. from the moment the key is turned to position 1.? and if music was playing when I shut down previously, takes another 4 sec. to start playing.
Shutdown takes 4 sec. from the moment key is turned to 0 postion.
Not sure how that compares to you....

The rest of the indications I have as well.

Gas response, can't tell, nothing to compare with, seems OK to me. Only the gear
changes take a sec or so in Manual mode. That's the only slow thing on the car at the moment.

I had a false alarm on the FTM, but this was on the day I changed to 17" winter setup...initialised...and since then stable.

Generally i-drive very stable. Not one hang or reboot to date. ( touch wood )

Not sure what's the story with the rear seats...hope it's sorted out for you.

Looking foward to some more info and pics from the rest of the upgrades!!

Andy.

PS. Are you also changing to winter setup?
[snapback]58472[/snapback]
Hi Andy,
thanks, but I was never really away...

Version 14 on yours is possibly right, since new cars get it earlier than it is available as an update.

I can walk to my office and it's not snowing very often in Frankfurt. So I am not switching to winter tires. Once the temperature is below 3?C I use public transport or call a cab. That might be three or four times a year, so I don't want to buy a set of winter tires. It would be a different story if I would drive much or if I would drive to Austria or Switzerland for Skiing. But not this year...
Old 11-20-2004, 01:38 PM

Check!

Good call!!
Old 11-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 20 2004, 11:38 PM
Check!

Good call!!
[snapback]58539[/snapback]
Sorry , that was me...
Old 11-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gomac' date='Nov 20 2004, 01:10 AM
Dept. of Transportation. It is a mainland thing
I doubt they have heard of Hawaii other than for vacations and certainly now that the islands voted Democratic for the National Elections :'(? ? ?
[snapback]58370[/snapback]
Old 11-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d SE Saloon 2003: Titanium Silver, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 138 7.5Jx17'' + Run Flat Tyres, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, Grey-Flat Weave Cloth, Through Load System inc. Ski-Bag.

[quote name='wiszmaster' date='Nov 20 2004, 07:21 PM']
and BTW..... this year ('05) even the A4 has the option for power folding mirrors.

I had folding electric mirrors on my 2001 A4 here in UK (as an option). We have narrow streets ;-)
Old 11-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Members

Hey ICEMAN, what about the radio volume.. If you mute it, and turn off the car. Does the volume unmute and play when the car is turned back on again?
Old 11-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I haven't tried.
But I am experiencing a lot of problems currently, so there is something wrong with the latest software update (at least on mine). I hope they will fix it Wednesday.

Quick Reply: Warning: Version 14/software updates