E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Want bluetooth audio streaming?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

The more I think about this, what's the advantage of the bluetooth connector? If I'm going to have to plug a wire into my aux port anyway, why not just let it be from my phone? I'd still have to control the device manually. Am I missing something here?
Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayarras
The more I think about this, what's the advantage of the bluetooth connector? If I'm going to have to plug a wire into my aux port anyway, why not just let it be from my phone? I'd still have to control the device manually. Am I missing something here?
No need for wires to your phone........
Old 04-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Originally Posted by jayarras' timestamp='[url="tel:1333646689"
1333646689[/url]' post='1432852]
Well the Bluetooth is the reason you don't have to use the aux and the BMW bluetooth is so you don't have to use the phone microphone, (sorry if I missed your point)
Old 04-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by TheRab
I guess that really depends on the phone, the iPhone 4 definitely can maybe others can opt in on this
+1
Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TheRab
Well the Bluetooth is the reason you don't have to use the aux and the BMW bluetooth is so you don't have to use the phone microphone, (sorry if I missed your point)
I see where this would replace the aux cord from the iphone4. With my current setup I still have to use the VR on the phone to control the music. The BMW VR handles all other stuff. Does this device allow you use the BMW VR to control the music on the iphone?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 AM
New Members

Do you have to pair black berry gateway with both bmw and your phone's Bluetooth to stream music from the phone
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by Bimmer_5s
Do you have to pair black berry gateway with both bmw and your phone's Bluetooth to stream music from the phone
No, just pair your phone with the BB Gateway and with your e60 and you should be good to go.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by infin8
I have been using this Blackberry bluetooth gateway with my iphone for over a year now and I love it! The sound quality is perfect. I started a thread a while back on this to let the community know about it. To answer the power question, I have it connected to one of the sockets on my rear console right by the aux in. It sits nicely on the hump between the rear seats and it is very tiny. Two short cords (3.5mm aux in & a mini usb power cord) and its barely even noticable. Your dash and front console remains neat clean and cord free. It powers up with the car so you don't have to tap it on and off when getting in and out of the car. Also when phone calls come in, it mutes the music just as it does when you are playing the radio, CD or ipod. There is no interference at all, phone calls are seamless. This product is awesome, everybody with bluetooth should definitely pick this up. It's cheap and come on PANDORA in your e60 with the sound quality of a CD or ipod?? Who doesn't want that?!! It's also great for internet radio, movies on your iphone, music on your iphone, games...all that. It's a whole new world having everything on your phone play through your speakers. Trust me it's a million times better than those crappy FM transmitters! Every once and a great while it will lose the pairing to my iphone (once every 3 months or so) and it just takes a few taps to pair it back up. Other than that this thing is the ish! Don't sleep on this!
Sorry, not able to find that post...
I have bluetooth option, but it does not have that extra option of using it for anything other than phone call ...
Old 06-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by umermariner
Sorry, not able to find that post...
I have bluetooth option, but it does not have that extra option of using it for anything other than phone call ...
Do you have the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway connected, that is being discussed in this thread?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Members

Oh ... nooo ..

I have a blackberry though , and am looking for alternatives.. but, if I have to do something, would rather invest time and effort on iPod integration..

I thought, there might be a way to connect using stock bluetooth.
Thanks though

Quick Reply: Want bluetooth audio streaming?