E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Want bluetooth audio streaming?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have seen a lot of recent discussion on various forums regarding streaming of Bluetooth audio in the E60.

Amazon Amazon

Order this and install it on you AUX jack. My brother just got his today and the sound quality is amazing! Ordered mine tonight.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by brendinernst
Have seen a lot of recent discussion on various forums regarding streaming of Bluetooth audio in the E60.

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Rem.../dp/B00170KUM0

Order this and install it on you AUX jack. My brother just got his today and the sound quality is amazing! Ordered mine tonight.

I have seen this site, i will post here soon
Old 03-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Members

would that only work with blackberrys? i have an iphone would that work?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by karman
would that only work with blackberrys? i have an iphone would that work?
It should work with all recent bluetooth phones (as long as they have the profile).
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
It should work with all recent bluetooth phones (as long as they have the profile).
It will work with ALL phones that are capable of streaming bluetooth audio. I used my iPhone on my brothers and it worked great. I was really impressed. Can't wait to install mine.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by brendinernst
It will work with ALL phones that are capable of streaming bluetooth audio. I used my iPhone on my brothers and it worked great. I was really impressed. Can't wait to install mine.
Right... which is why I said if it has the right profile. I don't remember the particular name, I believe it's A2DP. If it has the right profile, it'll work.

Now I said recent phones to be on the safe side. I still have some old ass phones from years and years ago that supposedly has A2DP 1.0 profile, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it works as it should.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Now the thing to solve is how to get this work without touching it to power on.....or what happens when there is a phone call............maybe I'm asking to much.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TheRab
Now the thing to solve is how to get this work without touching it to power on.....or what happens when there is a phone call............maybe I'm asking to much.
If you have a USB port connector you can find a USB charger and use it. I have a similar device and that is how I get the power source.
when calls come through the sound will mute. Good luck
Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

I have been using this Blackberry bluetooth gateway with my iphone for over a year now and I love it! The sound quality is perfect. I started a thread a while back on this to let the community know about it. To answer the power question, I have it connected to one of the sockets on my rear console right by the aux in. It sits nicely on the hump between the rear seats and it is very tiny. Two short cords (3.5mm aux in & a mini usb power cord) and its barely even noticable. Your dash and front console remains neat clean and cord free. It powers up with the car so you don't have to tap it on and off when getting in and out of the car. Also when phone calls come in, it mutes the music just as it does when you are playing the radio, CD or ipod. There is no interference at all, phone calls are seamless. This product is awesome, everybody with bluetooth should definitely pick this up. It's cheap and come on PANDORA in your e60 with the sound quality of a CD or ipod?? Who doesn't want that?!! It's also great for internet radio, movies on your iphone, music on your iphone, games...all that. It's a whole new world having everything on your phone play through your speakers. Trust me it's a million times better than those crappy FM transmitters! Every once and a great while it will lose the pairing to my iphone (once every 3 months or so) and it just takes a few taps to pair it back up. Other than that this thing is the ish! Don't sleep on this!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Duplicate post

Quick Reply: Want bluetooth audio streaming?