E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Want bluetooth audio streaming?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i Sport
Model Year: 2007

infin8 - does your phone dual-connect to the bluetooth device as well as the in-car bluetooth for phone calls?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by nine28
infin8 - does your phone dual-connect to the bluetooth device as well as the in-car bluetooth for phone calls?
Yep, it sure does. When I first hooked it up, I was concerned it would have a delay and not be able to pick up the call in time. But, as soon as the call comes in the music mutes and you can pick up the call through your Idrive as you normally would and when you hang up it fades the music back on. I also worried that the call might sound like crap because my iphone is connected to 2 bluetooth devices at the same time, but like I said in my earlier post, the phone calls are seamless, and the sound quality is perfect!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i Sport

Awesome - can't wait to try this. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

So after infin8's recommendation on the blackberry gateway, I bit the bullet and bought it. I mistakenly ordered it with overnight shipping so it was a score when it landed at my doorstep last Friday. (w00t) I open up the package....and the manual and cables are there but the item was missing (I was angry as a penguin in a desert) I call up amazon and they overnight-ed me another one free of charge.

It came in last night so I hooked it up into my underarm rest USB and aux in and it works flawless(suspiciously too easy). I am so excited (probably a little too excited) but It is seamless integration with my iphone (for streaming Pandora) and handing off a phone call through over other bluetooth (also pausing the streaming music, then fading it back in when the call ends). When you shut off the car and turn it back on the connection resumes without having to connect or enable the receiver. So your phone ultimately connects to two devices (the car and the gateway) when you start up the car.

The actual unit it self is surprisingly small 1.5'' x 1.5" x .35"

My favorite part is that I also tether my iphone to my comp/ipad simultaneously all without a hiccup.

The only con I could see is there is a slight loss of bass in the music quality but that could also be my EQ setting as well.

Again, thank infin8, a well spent 50$ (I almost drove 400 miles and paid 600$ to Pittsburgh to upgrade my combox, I know it's different but this is still a great simple work around).
Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha! As angry as a penguin in a desert, I like that.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by TheRab
So after infin8's recommendation on the blackberry gateway, I bit the bullet and bought it. I mistakenly ordered it with overnight shipping so it was a score when it landed at my doorstep last Friday. (w00t) I open up the package....and the manual and cables are there but the item was missing (I was angry as a penguin in a desert) I call up amazon and they overnight-ed me another one free of charge.

It came in last night so I hooked it up into my underarm rest USB and aux in and it works flawless(suspiciously too easy). I am so excited (probably a little too excited) but It is seamless integration with my iphone (for streaming Pandora) and handing off a phone call through over other bluetooth (also pausing the streaming music, then fading it back in when the call ends). When you shut off the car and turn it back on the connection resumes without having to connect or enable the receiver. So your phone ultimately connects to two devices (the car and the gateway) when you start up the car.

The actual unit it self is surprisingly small 1.5'' x 1.5" x .35"

My favorite part is that I also tether my iphone to my comp/ipad simultaneously all without a hiccup.

The only con I could see is there is a slight loss of bass in the music quality but that could also be my EQ setting as well.

Again, thank infin8, a well spent 50$ (I almost drove 400 miles and paid 600$ to Pittsburgh to upgrade my combox, I know it's different but this is still a great simple work around).
Hey, no problem TheRab! Glad you got your hands on this. Like I said, if you have bluetooth in your e60, this is a must have! I can't even imagine listening to the radio or even a CD now. I can't live without this setup, all I ever listen to is Pandora. Enjoy it my friend...Enjoy it!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by neopoint
If you have a USB port connector you can find a USB charger and use it. I have a similar device and that is how I get the power source.
when calls come through the sound will mute. Good luck
So if I am understanding this correctly, the USB connector does not come with the unit, nor does the USB cigarette lighter adapter, so in order to power this thing, you would also have to order those, am I right? Have any of you Android users tried this thing? I've got the Motorola Droid Global.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Members

Can you use this device while the BMW bluetooth phone is connected?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Originally Posted by kerrys914' timestamp='[url="tel:1333562173"
1333562173[/url]' post='1432581]
Can you use this device while the BMW bluetooth phone is connected?

Thanks
I guess that really depends on the phone, the iPhone 4 definitely can maybe others can opt in on this
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jayarras' timestamp='[url="tel:1333560547"
1333560547[/url]' post='1432568]
So if I am understanding this correctly, the USB connector does not come with the unit, nor does the USB cigarette lighter adapter, so in order to power this thing, you would also have to order those, am I right? Have any of you Android users tried this thing? I've got the Motorola Droid Global.
The connector is a standard USB to mini USB cable, they're everywhere if you look (I think even my 7-11 sells them)& the cigarette lighter to USB port is another common easy to find thing, nothing proprietary.

Quick Reply: Want bluetooth audio streaming?