E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The wait is over!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

At last picked up the car today, and boy was it worth the wait

I know many of you have described the joy of the wondeful 535d engine and all I can say is, yep you're absolutely right!!

Still only covered less than 100 miles so clearly taking it very easy but even keeping the revs sensible the feel of power is immense. I cannot wait to be able to open her up properly and give it a real blast.

The feeling of mid-range acceleration is already awesome and am fighting the temptation to boot it (I know thats what a 17 year old would do, but driving this car makes you feel so alive).

Have covered approx 40 miles on the M27 today and very pleased at the lack of road noise from the run flats. Reading some threads I had expected to hear a lot of noise, and whilst it was there I didn't think it was at all obtrusive. My baby has been shod with the Goodyear Eagles and would be pleased to hear the thoughts of you guys with the same tyres.

Already noticed people looking as I drive past. Can't help myself checking the mirror once I've gone past to see if they're still looking, and have a wry smile as most of them are!!

What is it about BMW's that affords such brand loyalty? This is my second, and I must confess did test an Audi A6 and a Merc E Class before I made my decision. Not much of a decision to make really as I only wanted another beemer (or bimmer as you guys from across the pond say!!)

Will try and sort some pictures in the next few days, but you all know what she looks like anyway. I'm in love again at 41 and my wife doesn't feel threatened - not too much anyway!!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Senior Members

Andy,

You don't need to treat your diesel with kid gloves when running it in. Diesels are completely different to petrol engines in this respect. It will do it no harm at all to rev it occassionaly. This actually helps bed it in. Diesels can normally take up to 6,000 miles or so before they are fully run in and working at their best. Go ahead and enjoy the torque.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

Thanks ISUK. As this is my first derv was treating it the same as a petrol. However will still take it easy for a while or at least until temptation gets the better of me
Old 05-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

Congratulations.
ENJOY.

I have 13 days to delivery.
Cant wait & cant sleep
Old 05-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Congrats--enjoy!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Members

Hang in there BMW#4. The last few dys are tough but believe me its well, well worth the wait.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

congrats, andy535d ! please post some pics of your new babe .
Old 05-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Congratulations andy535d Enjoy the beauty and the beast!
Old 05-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Welcome to DIESEL-section of E60.net!

Skaffa
Old 05-08-2005, 04:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by andy535d' date='May 7 2005, 02:56 PM
The feeling of mid-range acceleration is already awesome and am fighting the temptation to boot it (I know thats what a 17 year old would do, but driving this car makes you feel so alive).

Have covered approx 40 miles on the M27 today and very pleased at the lack of road noise from the run flats. Reading some threads I had expected to hear a lot of noise, and whilst it was there I didn't think it was at all obtrusive. My baby has been shod with the Goodyear Eagles and would be pleased to hear the thoughts of you guys with the same tyres.

Already noticed people looking as I drive past. Can't help myself checking the mirror once I've gone past to see if they're still looking, and have a wry smile as most of them are!!

[snapback]125470[/snapback]
I must admit, I couldn't resist a few times - even at 300 miles , but I've been told deisels aren't that fussy.

I too am very pleased with the Goodyears, much better than the Dunlops I test drove - and really quiet on motorways too. The car is still quite firm and fidgety, but I am getting used to that.

Lots of looks too...

Great car, congrats!

Quick Reply: The wait is over!