E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Voice recognition retrofit in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine fitted last week, no problems - ?180 inc. VAT

Works a treat. Bizarre that the retrofit is cheaper than the factory fit option!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:48 AM
IMU
Contributors

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Apr 8 2005, 09:30 AM
I had mine fitted last week, no problems - ?180 inc. VAT

Works a treat.? Bizarre that the retrofit is cheaper than the factory fit option!
[snapback]112799[/snapback]

Excellent news. I am waiting to hear about the cost of getting the voice control and Aux-in retro fitted from my dealer.

Hope he doesn't ry and fleece me

browellm, where did you have the Aux-in fitted - eg, glove compartment or arm rest? were you even given a choice - also could you let me know how much that retro fit cost from your dealer.. thanks
Old 04-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Apr 7 2005, 12:08 PM
BTW, how come they specced a sales demo with near enough all the toys but no heated seats? Is it me?
[snapback]112445[/snapback]
I had the same thing when I testdrove a 530i. It had all the toys except for seatheating. It had Active steering, dynamic drive etc.. But a few hundred euro's for seatheating wasn't taken as an option.

asked the dealer. He told me that it was a car from BMW netherlands and that they often see very strange specs on those cars.

BTW no seat heating in a convertible sucks bigtime.. You really need it to be comfortable with the roof open and little sunshine.. good luck for the dealer selling it.. not...

Sorry to hear the retrofit isn't ready yet. It took my dealer 5 days to to get it all in order.

Wanneer gaan we eten????
Old 04-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IMU' date='Apr 8 2005, 08:48 AM
[quote name='browellm' date='Apr 8 2005, 09:30 AM']I had mine fitted last week, no problems - ?180 inc. VAT

Works a treat.? Bizarre that the retrofit is cheaper than the factory fit option!
[snapback]112799[/snapback]

Excellent news. I am waiting to hear about the cost of getting the voice control and Aux-in retro fitted from my dealer.

Hope he doesn't ry and fleece me

browellm, where did you have the Aux-in fitted - eg, glove compartment or arm rest? were you even given a choice - also could you let me know how much that retro fit cost from your dealer.. thanks
[snapback]112801[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was fitted in the glove box, I wasn't given any option. Cost was ?130 inc. VAT
Old 04-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Apr 8 2005, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear the retrofit isn't ready yet. It took my dealer 5 days to to get it all in order.

Wanneer gaan we eten????
[snapback]112802[/snapback]
When the car is ready..

Old 04-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

Can you get voice control with buisness nav? If not, why not?
Old 04-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Apr 9 2005, 08:52 PM
Can you get voice control with buisness nav? If not, why not?
[snapback]113412[/snapback]
Nav pro is required for voice command.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Apr 7 2005, 07:57 PM
From what I could see the kit was just the split button and a few wires. The rest must be all software, unless you don't have a phone option. You'd need a microphone then..
[snapback]112456[/snapback]
@ Flowerfred.

Dennis gave me also the info on the parts nr.

So you have the additional split button (Voice/menu) but did they installed a separate micro ? (According the manual there are 2 micro's: one for th ephone and one for voice activation).

Secondly it is stated in the manual that - to avoid problems - both computer - and voice activation language must be the same. Dennis had english/german but how about the UK (er US). I suppose you have english commands Here we will have dutch menu's with 16.2 very soon. Could that give possibel conflicts.

Groeten.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Contributors

Well, the car is still at the dealer. They took a donor computer and still no joy.
They are currently in the process of asking Munich for permission to fit a brand new computer.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

@ Flowerfred,

In fact during some software uploades on my car in the past my CCC units broke down two times and had to be replaced; big problem was that these parts were in backorder so I had to drive the bimmer a while with some parts (mobile phone/navigation) partially functioning.

my voice recognition option (VC) will be build in as soon as a Dutch 16.2 will be available; than I do not know if I have a choice of either chosing german or english as preferred VC langauage.

Hope your problems are solved a.s.a.p.

Quick Reply: Voice recognition retrofit in the UK