E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voce Activation of Controls.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 02:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

The only voice activitation I have on my E-60 is for the operation of the bluetooth
functionality.

My understanding is that in order to activate the remaining voice activations I would have to have had or get the Sat Nav option installed. Once installed this
allows for full voice activation not just limited to the Sat Nav functionality.

My problem is that I live on an Island quiet a small island called Ireland. I know my way around Dublin like the back of my hand and its impossible to get lost on the way to any other destination in Ireland, therefore I don't have a requirement for Sat Nav and didn't /don't see the justification in paying for it yet i would really like to have the remaining oice activations enabled.....

I'm sure its just a s/ware activiation that could be provided currently or is it actually physically dependent on the Sat Nav installation. Doesn't seem fair.

Any comments ???

Old 02-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

I agree - it sounds wrong. Especially if you already have voice control for BT it is a bit mean that the other voice controls are not enabled. This must surely be a software thing. My son has a cheap (GBP20) robot that has voice commad, I dont believe the technology is expensive. BMW just like to wring every penny out of you

I have business Nav and I would love to get the retofit for voice control but I believe that this is only available for pro nav for a couple of hundred quid which I believe is just for the iDrive button and the SW update.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:44 AM
sj3
Senior Members

I'm not saying it makes sense, but the computer/hardware is quite different with and without Nav. It's called M-ASK when you don't have Nav and CCC when you do. It's a different box supposedly with voice control circuitry only available in CCC-equiped autos.

Sam
Old 02-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Feb 16 2005, 03:44 PM
I'm not saying it makes sense, but the computer/hardware is quite different with and without Nav.? It's called M-ASK when you don't have Nav and CCC when you do.? It's a different box supposedly with voice control circuitry only available in CCC-equiped autos.

Sam
[snapback]90819[/snapback]
Good info - I have seen these two terms but I didn't appreciate the difference between the two.

So the important question for me then is : "Is the retrofit for voice possible for business Nav ?"