E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIN Check

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, just stopping by to ask if anyone out here has the ability to run a car fax or any other vehicle service history (Dealer service or records of any kind) on a BMW that I am having issues with, I'd like to know what was replaced or done to it at all if anything before i go out and decide whether i would require to replace some parts. If anyone has any sort of membership or can refer me somewhere please let me know, I would really appreciate this. The VIN is : WBANA53505B858245 Once again thank you for whoever looks at this thread.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Here you go, buddy. Hope this helps: http://www.carfax.com/entry.cfx
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Members

Thanks for the link, I was just wondering if anyone here has access to these website on an unlimited basis such as a dealer or anything of that kind. But thanks anyways
Old 06-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Rez
Members

My Ride: PHINEASS. 2008 535i Alpine White/ Light Beige Dakota/ Dark Poplar with Sports, Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Ipod & USB, Legal Tinted, All Weather Front, Rear and Trunk mats, Detailed and Clay Treated.
Model Year: 2008

Call any BMW dealer Service Department, and they will have access to all service records on your vehicle. I did that before buying the car, and they were very helpful.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rez
Call any BMW dealer Service Department, and they will have access to all service records on your vehicle. I did that before buying the car, and they were very helpful.
I actually asked a local BMW dealer and they told me they cannot access anything, and I'd have to go/call the dealer where the car was actually serviced, which is a whole nother state. Ill have to try again, Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rez
I actually asked a local BMW dealer and they told me they cannot access anything, and I'd have to go/call the dealer where the car was actually serviced, which is a whole nother state. Ill have to try again, Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I'll check for you tomorrow
Old 06-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Please note that carfax does not show all records. On my car, it only showed 1 record on carfax, but there were 4 records when the dealership pulled it up. Further, sometimes not all accidents are reported or captured by carfax.

I'm pretty sure that any dealership can pull up all records of the vehicle under the VIN number if the car was serviced at a BMW dealership. They will however not give the print out to you. For mine, they were able to pull up all records on my car - although none were serviced at the dealership I purchased from.

If you are interested in that car, I'd go back and talk to a different sales person. Good luck with your search.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by bymer

The BMW dealer has access to the service history of the vehicle if it was serviced at a BMW dealership.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Not bad just a tran leak and twice a seat oc sensor. make a few more post then you can pm...

Quick Reply: VIN Check