E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration after 4 Brand New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I went to my local townfair tire shop today to replace my dunlop runflats with dunlop direzza non-run flats. I was watching them the whole time while they took off my wheels from the car. They had a lot of trouble trying to remove the run-flats from the rim. So i saw them do alot of prying and pulling using their machine and turns the wheels in circles. Then they did an alignment on my car using the "hunter" machine. They had specs for the 545i with sport suspension and active steering.

Now the question is now i have a vibration that was not there before even with my bald tires. Vibration is throughout the whole car, and less in steering wheel but it might be there too. I suspect these things, either they bent a rim somehow while doing all the prying. Or the balancing is bad, which I had another tire shop do a balance and it didn't go away. Last thing which i think might be possibility is that alignment guy messed up something with suspension? Or could it just be a defective brand new tire. Big question is does anyone know how to find out whats wrong?? I hate vibrations. Thanks.

I have the 18 inch style 124 with 275/35/18 in back and 245/40/18 in front. Also, what is the proper tire pressure. The door said max load is 35 front 42 back. The other number for 4peeps max is 32 front 35 back. I appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545 smg, Silver Grey, 18" rims, sport seat,

The only thing I can tell you about this is. I was wearing RF in my car DUNLOP, then BMW changed it for a new bridgestone RF too under warranty. I remember perfectly because my car was running smoth till, after just 600 miles, I destroyed two tires (please don?t ask me), and because a that time in my country I couldn?t find the tires (Bridgestone) I decided to buy four new set and ........ VIBRATIONS.
I tried everything, except back to bridgestone. I?m living with the vibrations after run more than 8,000 miles.
I suggest if you can, try to ask for set OEM and run just couple of miles and you can notice the difference. By the way my new set are YOKOHAMA, I?m using the same size as you.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Just go back to the original place and complain that there is a vibration that wasn't there before they installed the new tires. I'm not sure why you had another shop re-balance things -- you should have gone straight back to the first shop and asked them to remedy the problem...
Old 04-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Contributors

We have seen a lot of this here on this site. Someone once posted a video here of what it was like to remove the RF tires. It seems like "pain" for the service tech. I could believe that the wheels could have been damaged. Some machines (including the hunter) may cause the problems themselves.

In addition, please take a look to ensure that the wheels were properly tightened. Believe it or not, we have seen some cases of the shop simply not tightening the lugs.