E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Very frustrated, taking it to the streets

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi, Platinum Grey, Black Dakota leather, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite headliner, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, HUD, PDC, Night Vision, Logic7, iPod / USB, HD Radio, Sunshades, Heated Rear seats, and Folding Rear Seats.

Originally Posted by seventhirteen' post='501202' date='Nov 30 2007, 01:19 PM
Wrong they have 3 days to fix it. It's 30 total days out of service, not 30 each attempt. You might want to call BMWNA again and state it's going back in for the same problem. I would also request formal documentation from the dealer on what exactly they replaced. Send your request via certified mail.
I will add you need to throughly read NY state lemon law and start the process. I'm in WA state and they have a nice pdf that guides you through how to properly notify the manufacturer, BMWNA, and the dealer, etc. I'm sure NY state has the same thing. You don't need a lawyer.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Platinum Silver Metallic Gray Dakota Leather, Premium Pack, Premium Sound, Logic 7, Sport Pack, Navi, PDC, Sunshades, Cold Weather and HUD. 56k miles Feb. 2011

Originally Posted by gregi30' post='501193' date='Nov 30 2007, 12:46 PM
Update,

Well, it has been about a week since I got my car back and yesterday I started to experience the same issues. Makes me very suspicious that the part never actually arrived and that they just put the old one back in to break the lemon law day count. I was suspicious to begin with how the part magically arrived just in time. I'm taking it back to the Manhattan dealer and this time they better give me a comparable car. I believe that now they have another 30 days to fix the car before I can lemon it.

Does anyone know how I can find out if a new part was actually installed into my car? If I can find out that info I can lemon the car without waiting another 30 days.

Either way, this is not how a top notch luxury brand like BMW should be treating their customers.

I know this is not what you guys want to hear, but if I successfully lemon my lemon, I will be looking elsewhere for a replacement. I am a very patient person, but they have angered and frustrated me to a point that no matter how much I enjoy their products, I will look elsewhere.
Greg,

Some dealers are just not capable of fixing cars even if they want to. They either don't have skilled technicians or connections to get replacement parts quickly. If I were you I would definitely go to an other dealer to get my car fixed.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Members

Smile

Originally Posted by IceBimmer' post='501361' date='Dec 1 2007, 12:27 AM
Greg,

Some dealers are just not capable of fixing cars even if they want to. They either don't have skilled technicians or connections to get replacement parts quickly. If I were you I would definitely go to an other dealer to get my car fixed.

BMW NA is a Joke they told me Managers will not speak to customers. BMW Roadside Assistance Stole My New 535 and took it to a no name body shop.

See Post

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=47870
Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

After all this endless posturing and complaining I STILL cannot believe you did not return your vehicle to the dealer where you purchased it for service. This thoroughly baffles me.
Sorry.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

Originally Posted by gregi30' post='501193' date='Nov 30 2007, 03:46 PM
Update,

Well, it has been about a week since I got my car back and yesterday I started to experience the same issues. Makes me very suspicious that the part never actually arrived and that they just put the old one back in to break the lemon law day count. I was suspicious to begin with how the part magically arrived just in time. I'm taking it back to the Manhattan dealer and this time they better give me a comparable car. I believe that now they have another 30 days to fix the car before I can lemon it.

Does anyone know how I can find out if a new part was actually installed into my car? If I can find out that info I can lemon the car without waiting another 30 days.

Either way, this is not how a top notch luxury brand like BMW should be treating their customers.

I know this is not what you guys want to hear, but if I successfully lemon my lemon, I will be looking elsewhere for a replacement. I am a very patient person, but they have angered and frustrated me to a point that no matter how much I enjoy their products, I will look elsewhere.
The moment your car qualifies for the lemon law BMWNA will act. If not (very unlikely) just get an experienced LL attorney. They usually do not charge you anything. Legal expenses will be on BMWNA.