E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Very frustrated, taking it to the streets

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 325i Touring E60 530i Sedan

Originally Posted by gregi30' post='494348' date='Nov 14 2007, 04:48 PM
I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for chiming in. Every opinion is very important to me.

Within the last hour, I have received two calls, one from the dealer and the other from BMW NA. I believe that these forums are monitored very closely by both the dealer community and the parent comp. Anyway, they both acknowledged that I this is a large problem. They also admitted that they have no idea when the parts will become available. They asked for my forgiveness and also asked for another few days to try to get to the bottom of this mess before we can discuss my options. What power you guys have!!!

A small victory for the masses, in a war that is just beginning. Thanks again to all of you for the great feedback.

P.S. I will still stick with a BMW. I have driven most comparable sedans and in my opinion, there is nothing like a BMW. I contemplated a M5, but I believe it's a bit too much car for me driving around Brooklyn. I guess I?m like an addict; I keep coming back for more.
It's good that they have finally responded. Please keep us posted. GL
Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Contributors

It all comes down to the dealer and their service attitude. My 550 spent about 3 weeks in the shop when it was just a couple of months old as well due to waiting on parts from Germany. The dealer bent over backward make me happy (without asking) - gave me a brand new 750i to drive for the whole time and they made me feel that they actually felt bad about the length of time and acknowledged that it's a real drag to have a brand new car in the shop. Bottom line is while it was crappy being without my car they actually made me feel like they cared.....which is why I have bought 3 cars from them now. It's all about the attitude of the dealership.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Platinum Silver Metallic Gray Dakota Leather, Premium Pack, Premium Sound, Logic 7, Sport Pack, Navi, PDC, Sunshades, Cold Weather and HUD. 56k miles Feb. 2011

I totally understand to buy the car out of local area to get a better deal. However, the local dealer only provides loaner to their customers, which I understand since they have limited number of loaner cars and they want to keep THEIR customers happy instead of all BMW cusomters.

The new shift lever on 08 models is very slick and ergonomic. However, too much electronic on that thing. I try to stay away from it. Enough potential problems with iDrive and software upgrades.

I agree with everyone here that BMW NA needs to take better care of their customers.

Greg, to make you feel a little better, the owner of my company cafeteria had her 07 550i in and out of the shop for the past 6 months. I teased her that she drove the loaner more than her own car. Finally, two weeks ago BMW sent an engineer from Germany to get her car fixed after she contacted her attoney to get the car returned under CA lemon law.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by Veight' post='494360' date='Nov 14 2007, 02:03 PM
I think what you are going through is totally inexcusable. BMWNA should have had a dealer either 1) pulled the part off a stock inventory car and fixed your asap given that it was under 1000 miles. or 2) Goptten a similat E60 loaner for you to use while the car was waiting for the part. 3) at a minimum called you back to bring you up to speed with what is causeing the problem and offering some type of concession to make it good.

IT IS 100% INEXCUSABLE FOR BMWNA TO TAKE YOUR CALL AND NOT RETURN IT WITHIN 24 HOURS. I HOPE THEY ARE MONITORING THIS SITE. IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT DEALER YOU BOUGHT IT FROM AND WHERE YOU ARE GETTING IT SERVICED, THIS IS BMW AND YOU PAID FOR AND EXPECTED A WELL ENGINEERED CAR IN WORKING ORDER. THE PROBELM LARGER THAT THE MALFUNCTIONING PART IS BMWNA'S INABILITY TO DEAL PROPERLY WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS IN RESOLUTION OF A PROBLEM LIKE THIS.

I haven't had these problems and I know my dealer would have given me a BMW loaner as they do even when my car is out for an oil change, but its stuff like this that shouldn't even happen when you buy a new Pontiac, that will make me rethink my decision to by another BMW.

Im pissed for you greg....

Here here!! Well said - never ANY excuse for poor customer service no matter where you purchased the car...after all, when you bring your BMW into a BMW dealer for service...guess what...you ARE NOW THEIR CUSTOMER!! They need to realize that they just don't sell cars...but service them too!!

This nonsense about a dealership priortizing service AND only providing loaner cars for their customers who purchased from them is absurd...I do hope this is not actually the case as anyone who spends the $$$'s on these preimum luxery sport sedans deserves to be treated right by ALL BMW dealers. Goodness what if you are driving across country and your BMW has an issue...that dealer going to say "well since you didn't purchase the care here we'll get to it when we feel like it"??

Sorry to rant - but there is NEVER an excuse for poor customer service....sigh "calm down"...off rant...deep breath...all is right with the world now...glad my local Ford dealer doesn't treat me this way
Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

I hope everything gets resolved asap for you. And as for the Brooklyn Dealer I know which one you're talking about...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Contributors

I'll add my US$0.02 regarding Lemon Law buybacks. I had a 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD that in two years spent 7% of it's entire life in service (i.e. I was driving loaners).

I wrote a very nice letter to Lexus asking them to either buy my car back or replace it. Their very polite letter back to me basically ended with "... and the horse you rode in on."

A week after submitting the Lemon Law paperwork, they called and said they would buy the car back.

My point? It isn't just BMW that waits until they HAVE to do something.

PS: Loving my new 535i.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Do they buy it back for full purchase price (ie do you get the car free for 2 years), or trade value, or ... ??
Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545 - Black/Black, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Navigation.

I received a call from the dealer this AM. They should have the part in their posession first thing Fri morning. If all goes well, I should be getting my car back either Fri afternoon or Mon the latest.

I will still demand that I be compensated for the time that the car was off the road.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

I will update once I get more info.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport 6M

Is this LifeQuality BMW? I was thinking of using them since I live in Brooklyn. I currently go to BMW of Manhattan or Denville BMW out in NJ.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545 - Black/Black, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Navigation.

HPLouis, to be honest, my past experiences with them, for the most part, were outstanding. There was one other time when I took my 545i for re-programming. They gave me every excuse in the book why they could not reprogram my idrive, which was crashing every few days. I took it into a NJ dealer and it was reprogrammed without any questions asked. There is usually a huge difference in price between Brooklyn and NJ as well. When my windshield cracked on my 545i, the Brooklyn dealer quoted me a price, which was 2+x what the NJ dealer quoted, not really sure how that works either.

Also, they will not give you a loaner unless you bought the car from them. If your car is our of service for a long period of time, they will rent you a car.

Quick Reply: Very frustrated, taking it to the streets