E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Very frustrated, taking it to the streets

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by 1600' post='494274' date='Nov 14 2007, 11:42 AM
Why have you not taken the vehicle back to the NJ dealer you purchased it from? You definitely need them to be your advocate with BMWNA in this case. Obviously you have a serious issue to be resolved here and you should be made to feel completely satisfied with your VERY expensive purchase. It just seems to me that handling the situation through the original of point sale dealer could have made things progress more smoothly. I am sure if the vehicle needs to be towed there that can easily be arranged.

1600, while I partially agree with your statement...I also feel very strongly that any BMW dealer has the obligation to treat all BMW customers (weather they originally sold the vehicle or not) with respect and courtesy. It is no excuse for the Brooklyn dealer to treat greg poorly because he didn't purchase the car there.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='494306' date='Nov 14 2007, 03:56 PM
1600 I have to disagree with your statement as I feel very strongly that any BMW dealer has the obligation to treat all BMW customers (weather they originally sold the vehicle or not) with respect and courtesy. It is no excuse for the Brooklyn dealer to treat greg poorly because he didn't purchase the car there.
Of course it is no excuse, but any time you do business with large corporation there is a protocol to be be observed if you want to resolve problems in a timely fashion. Greg's original dealer is directly responsible for his purchase and is the CLEARLY the logical first choice to help resolve the situation. Sorry if you cannot see the connection here.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gregi30' post='494282' date='Nov 14 2007, 02:56 PM
1600, I was 1000% satisfied with the NJ dealer that sold me the car. I goofed, I should have known better.
Have you contacted the selling dealer? Regardless of where the car is, I would call them.

Clearly you went to a closer dealer since the car was having a safety issue.

They should not take umbrage at that.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by 1600' post='494312' date='Nov 14 2007, 01:04 PM
Of course it is no excuse, but any time you do business with large corporation there is a protocol to be be observed if you want to resolve problems in a timely fashion. Greg's original dealer is directly responsible for his purchase and is the CLEARLY the logical first choice to help resolve the situation. Sorry if you cannot see the connection here.

See my revised post...didn't mean to (snap) at you personally However, greg may be in a similar situation as I am - where he went out of his area to get the best deal (in my case about a 100 mile drive to where I'm purchasing the car - saved $2K over my local dealer). My local dealer is 25 miles away and I fully expect them to treat me with courtesy and not drag their feet on repairs, etc. just because I purchased elsewhere...they are, after all, representing the BMW Dorporation and the BMW ownership experience and I bet BMWNA would not appreciate hearing that certain BMW dealers are providing less than satisfactory service for some BMW customers .

Just a couple of weeks ago, I took my Ford truck in for a warranty item, and the local dealer asked where I purchased the truck. I told them I purchased it across town (due to better deal) and guess what...they practically bent over backwards trying to earn back my business...to the extent that I was extremely satisfied and will frequent their dealership again...now that's how you play the game and win customers. Do you think greg will ever go back to his local (Brooklyn) dealer again (unless he absolutely has to?)...not likely! The dealers that think that way may "win" the small victory (in his their minds anyway) with the poor treatment...but they have lost the war in that he will not be having repeat business nor new car purchases from the ill treated customer...having been in sales for the past 15 years...I realize that if I don't treat my customers well...my competition surely will
Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Members

There is nothing wrong with you getting frustrated.
BMW must learn that they cannot propsper just by building outstanding products, customer service is just as important.
You should go through lemon law and get a new car.
BMW's customer service is not top notch unlike their products.
I have a 525i now, but my previous car which was a 325ci had so many problems and I ended up filing lemon law and got my refund.
If you plan to leave BMW after your current car, try Lexus or Audi, their products are very good (not as good as BMW), but their customer service is far better than BMW.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

i hear the lemonlaw a lot, does this only apply in the US?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think the backordered part is the shift lever. I never had a problem shifting out of reverse -- my problem was that once in a while the shifter didn't snap back over to the right gate when the 'P' button was pressed.

According to my dealer, the part was released from backorder yesterday but it didn't arrive at the dealership today. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'll take the car back with the old part until the new one comes in. Again, I can do this because I wasn't having the same problem that gregi30 is having...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by soliterry' post='494334' date='Nov 14 2007, 01:26 PM
There is nothing wrong with you getting frustrated.
BMW must learn that they cannot propsper just by building outstanding products, customer service is just as important.
You should go through lemon law and get a new car.
BMW's customer service is not top notch unlike their products.
I have a 525i now, but my previous car which was a 325ci had so many problems and I ended up filing lemon law and got my refund.
If you plan to leave BMW after your current car, try Lexus or Audi, their products are very good (not as good as BMW), but their customer service is far better than BMW.
Uh Oh....invocation of the "L" word...and I'm not referring to Lemon...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545 - Black/Black, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Navigation.

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for chiming in. Every opinion is very important to me.

Within the last hour, I have received two calls, one from the dealer and the other from BMW NA. I believe that these forums are monitored very closely by both the dealer community and the parent comp. Anyway, they both acknowledged that I this is a large problem. They also admitted that they have no idea when the parts will become available. They asked for my forgiveness and also asked for another few days to try to get to the bottom of this mess before we can discuss my options. What power you guys have!!!

A small victory for the masses, in a war that is just beginning. Thanks again to all of you for the great feedback.

P.S. I will still stick with a BMW. I have driven most comparable sedans and in my opinion, there is nothing like a BMW. I contemplated a M5, but I believe it's a bit too much car for me driving around Brooklyn. I guess I?m like an addict; I keep coming back for more.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gregi30' post='494348' date='Nov 14 2007, 05:48 PM
I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for chiming in. Every opinion is very important to me.

Within the last hour, I have received two calls, one from the dealer and the other from BMW NA. I believe that these forums are monitored very closely by both the dealer community and the parent comp. Anyway, they both acknowledged that I this is a large problem. They also admitted that they have no idea when the parts will become available. They asked for my forgiveness and also asked for another few days to try to get to the bottom of this mess before we can discuss my options. What power you guys have!!!

A small victory for the masses, in a war that is just beginning. Thanks again to all of you for the great feedback.

P.S. I will still stick with a BMW. I have driven most comparable sedans and in my opinion, there is nothing like a BMW. I contemplated a M5, but I believe it's a bit too much car for me driving around Brooklyn. I guess I?m like an addict; I keep coming back for more.
I think what you are going through is totally inexcusable. BMWNA should have had a dealer either 1) pulled the part off a stock inventory car and fixed your asap given that it was under 1000 miles. or 2) Gotten a similar E60 loaner for you to use while the car was waiting for the part. 3) at a minimum called you back to bring you up to speed with what is causeing the problem and offering some type of concession to make it good.

IT IS 100% INEXCUSABLE FOR BMWNA TO TAKE YOUR CALL AND NOT RETURN IT WITHIN 24 HOURS. I HOPE THEY ARE MONITORING THIS SITE. IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT DEALER YOU BOUGHT IT FROM AND WHERE YOU ARE GETTING IT SERVICED, THIS IS BMW AND YOU PAID FOR AND EXPECTED A WELL ENGINEERED CAR IN WORKING ORDER. THE PROBELM LARGER THAN THE MALFUNCTIONING PART IS BMWNA'S INABILITY TO DEAL PROPERLY WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS IN RESOLUTION OF A PROBLEM LIKE THIS.

I haven't had these problems and I know my dealer would have given me a BMW loaner as they do even when my car is out for an oil change, but its stuff like this that shouldn't even happen when you buy a new Pontiac, that will make me rethink my decision to by another BMW.

Im pissed for you greg....

Quick Reply: Very frustrated, taking it to the streets